Thread: Walther LP 300 match pistol

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)

Walther LP 300 match pistol

NOW SOLD

I have a Walther LP 300 match pistol for sale; more details and photos here;

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....istol-for-sale

Thanks
    Mike.
    Last edited by mikec4; 06-02-2014 at 03:52 PM.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Friday evening bump..
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Rather than start a new thread with the same title I thought I would ask here to see if anyone has a spare air cylinder for sale to fit a Walther LP300.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I bought this lovely LP300 from Mike in February 2014 and I still own it and enjoy using it on a regular basis - but I never had any luck at all in finding a good used spare air cylinder for it.

The pistol came with one perfectly good cylinder (no problem with that) but I would have liked to have a second cylinder if I could find one at a reasonable price - but I have had no luck - until yesterday!

In response to my interest in an LP200 that was for sale here on the BBS, I had a PM from a fellow BBS member who already owns one of these fine old match pistols and as we chatted away he told me that he had found a source of new cylinders for just £40 each!!

Now these cylinders also fit the LP300........and these are "new" and only cost £40

The slight catch is that they are the short cylinder length, do not have a manometer and they are "time expired" (stamped 03/2015).

At forty quid I thought I would give it a try and ordered one online and paid for it by PayPal as requested. I was gutted when my payment was returned as there was no stock left...but elated when I received an email to advise me that another six of them had been found so I was able to have one after all!

The cylinder arrived today and appeared to have some air in it (no manometer on the short cylinders remember) so I screwed it on and took it to the club tonight to see how it felt ( and to make sure it worked OK).

The pistol did not feel much different with the shorter cylinder on it to be honest but it was obviously a little bit lighter and the pistol shot very well with it.

I am dead chuffed with my fourty quids worth of "new" Walther air cylinder so thanks to the BBS and the friendly PM I have now have a spare cylinder at a bargain price!

Thanks Patrick
    Last edited by zooma; 21-05-2015 at 10:12 PM.

Sorry gang im a bit confused , is this a pistol for sale , a cylinder wanted or a something else thread ?

Sorry if it's obvie

Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Damo1 View Post
    Sorry gang im a bit confused , is this a pistol for sale , a cylinder wanted or a something else thread ?

Sorry if it's obvie
    It's now listed as sold on the top of the page.

Thanks for clarification

Sorry if it's obvious
    As thread number 4 says - it was me that bought it when it was for sale - but in an earlier thread (number 3) I asked if anyone had a spare cylinder for sale - and after a long search I have finally found one this week at a brilliant price - so I am really chuffed.

I shot the pistol at RMTC again last night with the new short cylinder fitted and was delighted with it.

Mike clearly marked the thread when the pistol was SOLD to me so there should have been no confusion, and I concluded the thread (or so I thought) when my search for a spare cylinder was eventually successful.

I also thought it could be helpful to other Walther LP200 and LP300 owners to know that new spare cylinders were available for only £40 each - a bargain in my opinion.

This Walther LP300 is not for sale - it remains my favourite match pistol and is the best match pistol buy I have ever made.

Now I have a new spare cylinder I am even happier with it.

Talking

Just rub it in bob why don't you

Just rub it in bob why don't you
    And to make matters worse, he hasn't even put anything about his 'favourite match pistol' onto his blog, so that we can ogle it and have it really rubbed in our faces, eh Bob?

Quote Originally Posted by trick cyclist View Post
    And to make matters worse, he hasn't even put anything about his 'favourite match pistol' onto his blog, so that we can ogle it and have it really rubbed in our faces, eh Bob?
    aaah - so you would like to see some pictures as well eh?

I see the link with the original pictures is no longer available on this thread so I will take some new ones and would be pleased to let anyone see them who is interested - especially when fitted with the new short cylinder.

For anyone that would like to buy one of these short "Walther" cylinders for forty quid (whist they are still available) I understand that there are still four of them left so I will find a link and add it to this reply later to help anyone that may be interested.

Its a shame that the date on these new cylinders has just expired (that's probably why they are so cheap) but I am happy with them for the price paid and prefer to only fill them (and the original full size cylinder) to 200 bar and I still get a good evenings shooting out of either of them.

Here is the link for the Walther short cylinders on sale at £40 each:-

http://silco.co.uk/products/WALTHER-...-REDUCED-.html

Hope it helps somebody else as it has done me.