Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Egun

Egun

I'm taking the plunge into 10m rifle and have been looking for the right gun, perhaps a FWB300 or 600 series.

It looks like the European prices on egun are a fair bit cheaper like for like than UK used rifles.

Has anyone had experience of buying through egun - good or bad? Any problems with shipping?

ATB

Steve

If you are at all serious about 10m then forget about the FWB300. They were fine in their day but are now well into the enthusiast\collector end of the spectrum. The FWB 600 series is a much better option, but if at all possible avoid the 600 which had a few design weaknesses that were eliminated in the 601. The SSPs perform similarly to the first generation PCPs.

As for Egun, it's "caveat emptor". You can get good buys and not so good ones, just like any remote purchase site.

Rutty

Egun

Any problems with shipping?
    Can be , some sellers will not sell to people outside of Germany and the main carriers DHL, will no longer ship airguns outside of Germany. If buying from a dealer in Germany,they may know a way to ship to the UK.
    Evo 10 Compact.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutty View Post
    If you are at all serious about 10m then forget about the FWB300. They were fine in their day but are now well into the enthusiast\collector end of the spectrum. The FWB 600 series is a much better option, but if at all possible avoid the 600 which had a few design weaknesses that were eliminated in the 601. The SSPs perform similarly to the first generation PCPs.

As for Egun, it's "caveat emptor". You can get good buys and not so good ones, just like any remote purchase site.

Rutty
    Cheers Rutty

Problem is the 600 series don't come up often in the UK and when they do they seem very expensive - certainly compared with those that have recently sold on egun.

I'll keep my eye out.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by silvershooter View Post
    Can be , some sellers will not sell to people outside of Germany and the main carriers DHL, will no longer ship airguns outside of Germany. If buying from a dealer in Germany,they may know a way to ship to the UK.
    Thanks SS. I didn't know DHL wouldn't ship airguns.

Dont write off a old 300's.

I used a 300's for a year to see if I liked 10m shooting. then asked on this forum if anyone had a 700 for sale - result got a minter for £1000. so there you go ! no need to go abroad. ask and wait for one to turn up! dont go for a 600 pnumatic pump - a 60 shot course will knacker you. a 300's is easy to load and accurate ( used in in olympic shooting 70 and 80's) so start off with a 300s and save up for a p70, 700 or 800. and don't forget an 300's is the easiest rifle to sell on !!!
    dont forget! postal shoots are based on results v your own average - so no you cant compete at 10 at top level with a 300's, but in postal comps you can still compete and win!!

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Rifle

Yorklets
    Rutty is right, the 300 nice as it is, its a 40 year old design and has been dramatically superceeded, as has also the 600 series, if you have any aspirations you realy need a newer PCP. The new match timings are a lot faster than the days of the 300 and the 600 and quite frankly just meeting them with a non PCP is very hard work.
    In the UK I believe the Shop at NSRA Aldersley had a Walther LG300 XT for £650 OVNO, and we have a club member who has a FWB 601 for sale at £250 if you really want one.
    We have club 600's and LGR's for begineers, most with any aptitude are ready and want to progress to a PCP in weeks, save yourself the hassle, get one now. The British championships are in a couple of weeks at Bisley 21st to the 23rd, there are often guns for sale, come and have a look, I'll be there, look me up.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Yorklets
    Rutty is right, the 300 nice as it is, its a 40 year old design and has been dramatically superceeded, as has also the 600 series, if you have any aspirations you realy need a newer PCP. The new match timings are a lot faster than the days of the 300 and the 600 and quite frankly just meeting them with a non PCP is very hard work.
    In the UK I believe the Shop at NSRA Aldersley had a Walther LG300 XT for £650 OVNO, and we have a club member who has a FWB 601 for sale at £250 if you really want one.
    We have club 600's and LGR's for begineers, most with any aptitude are ready and want to progress to a PCP in weeks, save yourself the hassle, get one now. The British championships are in a couple of weeks at Bisley 21st to the 23rd, there are often guns for sale, come and have a look, I'll be there, look me up.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Thanks Robin

Didn't want to spend a fortune in case I don't take to it, hence the egun query where rifles are cheaper on the face of it. I appreciate the advice regards older designs though.

Cheers

Steve

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Steve
    The best economic route is to find a good club with club rifles and a good training regime and don't buy any thing initially. Ten metre is very technical and trying to achieve a base level unaided is not easy and it can be a bit disheartening for beginners but with good coaching breakthoughs can be achieved quite quickly.
    Best of luck and good shooting.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Regarding your initial question about buying from eGun.

There are no real problems but remember to ask if the seller will ship to the UK and if so ask them to confirm the cost of the delivery.

Remember you will incur some bank charges for transferring the cash to the sellers bank account and checking the exchange rate is always a good idea so you know how much you will be paying if you win the auction of if you choose a "buy it now" item.

There has been some delays with parcels being held in customs in Coventry on the odd occasion but things usually flow smoothly so always ask for the consignment or tracking number of your parcel and make sure you know who the carrier is so you can track its progress.

Good luck if you decide to buy from eGun - let us know how you get on.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Regarding your initial question about buying from eGun.

There are no real problems but remember to ask if the seller will ship to the UK and if so ask them to confirm the cost of the delivery.

Remember you will incur some bank charges for transferring the cash to the sellers bank account and checking the exchange rate is always a good idea so you know how much you will be paying if you win the auction of if you choose a "buy it now" item.

There has been some delays with parcels being held in customs in Coventry on the odd occasion but things usually flow smoothly so always ask for the consignment or tracking number of your parcel and make sure you know who the carrier is so you can track its progress.

Good luck if you decide to buy from eGun - let us know how you get on.
    Great, thanks Zooma. I'll feed back if I go that route.

Hi Steve,

This is just my personal opinion but I would consider the LG300XT as it is a great rifle. You would get a better initial experience and if, as you say, you don't take to it you would still be able to sell it at very little loss.

If the one at Aldersley is still for sale you may be able to haggle it down a bit as well

Cheers

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiets View Post
    Thanks Robin

Didn't want to spend a fortune in case I don't take to it, hence the egun query where rifles are cheaper on the face of it. I appreciate the advice regards older designs though.

Cheers

Steve

If the one at Aldersley is still for sale you may be able to haggle it down a bit as well
    The one at Aldersley is no longer for sale.

Rutty

Egun

I bought my Feinwerkbau 601 last year from Egun and had no problems at all and shipping was quick. I would not hesitate to use them again.

The shipping to UK is very difficult because a shipping by air is not allowed.