Thread: Rossi 92 in .44 Magnum

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rossi 92 in .44 Magnum

I'd been looking for a new lever action in .44 Magnum for a number of weeks and had looked at the usual Marlins and Winchesters which were unfortunately outside my budget. A number of people at my club had Rossi guns which were reliable and did the job. I enquired at my local RFD who matched the cheapest price I could find on the internet, the deal was done and I parted company with just over £400 for a new gun.

I opted to go for the 16" with a round barrel and a blued finish, typically this was the gun that wasn't in stock and had to be ordered from Highland Outdoors. I had to wait a few weeks but then I had the call that the gun was in. I jumped in the car and sped to the shop like a child to a candy store.

On arrival I was greeted with a plain cardboard box emblazened with 'Rossi Firearms' , I opened the box with all the vigour of a Christmas present and was greeted with a beautiful gun. I took it home and began to give it a pre use clean. The blueing looked good quality with a nice deep shine and the finish on the metalwork was as good as I have seen. The woodwork is plain with the standard Rossi drab stain and the fit of the woodwork I would say is average but nothing that would bother me on a gun of this price. Upon racking the lever I was greeted with a smooth action that wouldn't be out of place on the more expensive makes. I tried cycling a few dummy rounds which worked without issue.

Yesterday I took my brother in law to the range on a guest day and it seemed rude not to try out the Rossi. I loaded up some light 200gr loads to save his shoulder. In short the Rossi was great to shoot and didn't have any issues with feeding etc. I couldn't test accuracy as it was his first time shooting but it seemed to group well.

I can't wait to try some proper loads and get out on the farm hunting.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/37/upcp.jpg
    Last edited by Livefast123; 04-02-2014 at 03:55 PM.