Thread: WEIRAUCH HW110 vs HW100

WEIRAUCH HW110 vs HW100

I have a HW100S, solid reliable gun. It has been the demise of many bunnies. Build quality is superb and accuracy is very very good. But, coming up to a significant birthday, and there are funds available if I want to update. I am being pointed towards is a HW110. But I believe the breech block is made in some sort of plastic, and I find it hard to believe that this would be as stable (long term) as the traditional metal block.
    Anybody got any views on this?
    Rob

Going from the HW100 to a Hw110 is a step backwards not an update. Keep the Hw100 I have experience of both.
    If you have some money to spend have a look at some nice accessories , new scope , trigger sticks ,clothing boots , wellies ect ?
    Or spend it on women and drink lol!

I went the other way...from a new 110 to a second hand 100.Best decision I ever made. Don't do it as you will regret it big time.

100/110

hi there, iv'e had both models 1n 177/22 for hunting and formal paper punching. IMO, there's no comparison to the 100. solid construction and user serviceable. ive one of the first 100's still, the only major thing its had is a trigger spring and cylinder swap and the latter was only to make the gun lighter, its been out all weathers and bar knocks and dings to the wood and wearing of the bluing its needed a few orings due to leaks etc. unless hw revert back to mainly an all metal/alloy pcp or a well proven modern material one that beats the 100 hands down ill not bother im afraid. major birthdays come but once and honest monies are usually hard earned, if it was me in your situation id be spoiling myself else where.. atb gc93

100 v's 110

To be absolutely honest , they are different guns, not a replacement or up or downgrade.

I have a 110 , and have encountered NON, of the problems that folk keep coming up with.
    The pellet speed dipped a bit , but a quick barrel clean and it was back up to as new performance.
    It lives in the boot of the jeep, so is not exactly a pampered toy.
    It is used for plinking and hunting , and has never leaked or broken in any way.
    So I can only say as I find.
    I have had 3, 100's and all of them leaked .
    They were brilliant when they were working though.
    1. shot string when bought; 781/794/794/784/779/778/768/782/778/781/767.

2.After 6 months;793/790/784/787/790/769/781/784/790.

3. This evening; 779/781/784/769/787/787/777/780/781/784.

I hope this is of use.
    Good luck.
    Peace through superior fire power!

I have 2 HW100k and HW110 both are great ,HW110 has a nice feel in the shoulder , nice balance , nice shot count , very accurate and quieter .
    Both HW100k went back for underpowered and so did the 110 . all three are great now .
    A lot reported about problems with dropping ft/lbs on 110 that was the early guns (wrong oil) and it seems the barrel on the 110 needs cleaning a bit more

HW110 vs HW100

Hi my hw 110 went back twice for power issue fixed it second time round then the wood started to appear where it meets the butt pad not even been in the field just used in the garden. To cut a long story short rfd called me and offered full refund or put cash to another rifle i think a HW100 as they new id lost confidence in the rifle.

I’ve had both and haven’t had any probs with them ,the 110 is about the same size as the 100k but it has a full size cylinder and barrel so well over a hundred shots per fill in .177 .mag loading is a bit fiddly on the 110 at first but soon get use to it ,and you get a weaver rail on the 110 ,+ the 110 is slightly quieter .uBoth great guns imho .

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderbeest View Post
    1. shot string when bought; 781/794/794/784/779/778/768/782/778/781/767.

2.After 6 months;793/790/784/787/790/769/781/784/790.

3. This evening; 779/781/784/769/787/787/777/780/781/784.

I hope this is of use.
    Good luck.
    26fps spreed in first string

21fps spread in second

19 fps spread in the third.

I would not be happy with those numbers, either the pellets you are using are damaged or your mag is damaging them

Bb

I've got 2

Never leaked either of them, no more than 7fps on either, I did find using a cheap Plastic mag did not work as it deformed the pellets,So use std Mags,Also I've fitted both with
    Power Adjusters, as KT was low at 9.8 when I got it. They should be fitted at factory.

Bucket boy ;

Never had one squirrel , rat or bunny complain yet .

I’m now on my third HW110

Only picked it up yesterday so it won’t get its first outing until Wednesday evening down my local indoor range.

My experiences with the HW100 and HW110 are quite varied.

Let me elaborate a little;

I’ve previously owned at least half a dozen or so HW100’s over the many years.

Tried all sorts in .177 and .22 from carbines, full lengths, Sporter stocks and thumbhole stocks and even had a brief time with the HW101

I’ve never really had anything particularly negative to say yes the Carbine had a crap shot count and a couple have had annoying leaks but that’s easily remedied.

I’ve also been down the path of using single one piece scope mounts to see if it effected the accuracy by strengthening the action and also played with the removal of the barrel band and been down the road of being careful with bipod studs that replace the barrel band screw as sometimes it can shift the band enough to alter the barrel alignment when a bipod is fitted etc.

But overall all the HW100/101 range have all done and performed as to what I really expected.

Now moving on to the HW110 my first one was at the ‘buzz’ moment not long after they had come out but a few months after the initial screwcut barrel issues, so it was a case of firstly removing the silencer to check my purchase had a fully screw cut barrel, which I even still did yesterday with my new purchase

This first one I had the seller had already had it returned to the RFD for being under powered so I had no real concerns.

The first day I took it to the club being a ‘buzz’ gun other members were queuing up to see and use it and one of those club members couldn’t put it down and wanted to buy it there and then.

I had been previously offered another Airwolf that I really couldn’t buy after already buying the HW110 but I gave in to being hounded to sell the 110 so sold it and bought the wolf the next day.....hmmm that didn’t last long probably shortest session I’ve ever had with a new pcp

My first impressions were quite positive though, I liked the shot count, the balance and everything about the 110 my only real negative was getting used to the magazine system as I found it a bit fiddly at first.

So a few months passed and I didn’t really gel with the wolf this time unlike previous ones I had owned, I had got slightly bored with them chasing ghosts and felt it was time to move on.

So with the wolf sold and cash burning a big hole I was looking for another pcp

I noticed my friend Barry on here (Marsh) was selling his HW110 so I jumped at it as quick as possible.

Having done many deals with Barry, I knew it would be as new. Deal done and another HW110 to try out.

Like the first one this also had history of being returned for being underpowered so it was something that I was aware of along with also checking the threaded barrel.

Similiar story to my first really this 110 also shot well and couldn’t fault it.
    The weight, balance etc all positive in my opinion along with the excellent shot count.

My only negative was yet again getting used to the magazine system.

People that know me will know I’m always flitting between pcp and springer etc so rifles come and go sadly I didn’t really give this 110 that much time either

Another Daystate had caught my eye and it was another chop and change this time for the wolf’s brother the air ranger although this was an older rarer mk1 with the regulator

So fast forward a year or so and to date I’m now back with another HW110 Collected yesterday, as mentioned I’ve checked the barrel thread just incase it was an early old stock version that had missed being returned but it’s all good and from the receipt it was bought new September 2017.

Don’t think this has ever been returned and until Wednesday, I won’t know what the power figures are like but I will check it just to make sure all is good.

This time I hope to give this one more time so I can gel with it as they really do tick most of my boxes.
    I think the biggest tick is the shot count especially for a Carbine sized rifle.

My bugbear with the HW100 carbines was always how really low the shot count was especially when compared to the full length.

Really looking forward to trying my newly acquired 110 out again and getting reacquainted with the magazine system from memory I think I had just started to get into the knack of the lever and pushing the mag out.

Fingers crossed it turns out to be a good un 👍

Stick with it Nick. My magazines were tricky at first , but just seem to slot in now. And they dont 'ping' or drop out
    in the middle of a field in the dark.
    Suppose its what you get used to.
    Holding my BSA R10 FAC/and Scorpion mags against the spring tension, with cold fingers when loading is awkward when its
    frosty.

Great read, i am returning to Airguns and was thinking of the 110 over the 100 i used to use.

Thanks for sharing your views very helpful.