Thread: Rapid Air Weapons HM 1000 Thumbhole

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Like most of my PCPs I moved the .20 HM on after about a year. I very much regret it as I am now going to have buy another ! Will go .177 this time and use heavier pellets probably Bis Mags/Barracuda Match. They are a really fine gun and beautifully well made. Highly recommended!
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Like most of my PCPs I moved the .20 HM on after about a year. I very much regret it as I am now going to have buy another ! Will go .177 this time and use heavier pellets probably Bis Mags/Barracuda Match. They are a really fine gun and beautifully well made. Highly recommended!
    Andy
    I'm sorry I missed your sale Andy as I'd really like a HM1000 AND as an added bonus you are left handed too!!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Hi Nick!
    I must admit that I was surprised that you didn't buy the last HM. They really are a fine gun with superb build quality and a real solid feel to them. Accuracy wise comparable with a German converted match rifle. Yet another gun I should have kept hold of, just like the MK2 Rapid you bought from me on here, what, 15 years ago now?
    Hopefully picking the left handed thumb-hole HM from Mike Tawn on Tuesday, weather permitting!
    Hope you continue to enjoy your own shooting.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Hi Nick!
    I must admit that I was surprised that you didn't buy the last HM. They really are a fine gun with superb build quality and a real solid feel to them. Accuracy wise comparable with a German converted match rifle. Yet another gun I should have kept hold of, just like the MK2 Rapid you bought from me on here, what, 15 years ago now?
    Hopefully picking the left handed thumb-hole HM from Mike Tawn on Tuesday, weather permitting!
    Hope you continue to enjoy your own shooting.
    Andy
    Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

I will put some in the magazine soon. The new gun really is fantastic. It just feels so well put together and performs superbly well with the usual RAW accuracy. Even the thumb-hole stock is gorgeous and I have been lucky to get one with such nice graining. Trigger superb and breaks at a measured 6 ounces. 4 fps variance over 34 shots with unweighed JSB Heavy's. I would have to say that it is accurate as my fully fettled Anschutz target rifle, but is far more fun to shoot!
    Andy

They are good (own all versions bar the BM and .357) but can be improved on........ the carbon on the barrels is crap, silencer is so so. Action can be made near silent quite easily. I look on them as the mk3 rapid.