Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Semi Auto pellet pistols.

Semi Auto pellet pistols.

I have just bought a Crosman 600 - thanks Biker-Bob on here.

For those who may not know this is a semi auto pistol that uses .22 pellets and will fire 10 shots as fast as you can pull the trigger.

I have a couple of Tanfoglio Witnesses and two Mini Uzis - both semi auto but using BBs.

My question therefore - are there any other semi autos that use pellets rather than BBs?
    Last edited by PaulR; 05-02-2014 at 08:01 PM.

A lot of the original ones use a rotary 8 shot max, such as the CP88

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    A lot of the original ones use a rotary 8 shot max, such as the CP88
    Thanks - I'll look into that.

Doh - I actually had a Umarex 1911 which mechanically cycles the rotary magazine.

I will rephrase - any other pellet pistols which operate by blowback?

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Drulov du10 is a true semi auto as are the rifle derivatives.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Ah-ha! That's different no idea if there are...

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    Doh - I actually had a Umarex 1911 which mechanically cycles the rotary magazine.

I will rephrase - any other pellet pistols which operate by blowback?
    Technically the Crosman doesn't operate by blowback either as it uses a gas bleed to operate a pellet shuttle instead...

So if you just mean true semi-autos in function, then there's a few although the majority of them are target based such as those made by Steyr and Feinwerkbau although Aeron made a more affordable 12g CO2 version in the B96.

Px4 Storm by Umarex is blowback and can fire pellets or bb's
    Far too many guns to mention here. Lets just say more then the wife knows about but still less then I would like

Thanks for the replies - I'll have a look at the suggestions.

Drulov DU-10 Condor.
    5 shot semi-auto target pistol.
    What's really amusing is that when it runs low on gas it goes full auto and empties the magazine

Glad you like the Crosman 600

The Aeron Brno B96 comes with 5 shot magazines and a 1 shot adapter for competition. T'iz a lovely bit of engineering. mmmmm....

http://www.online-assault.com/z_other/co2/co2b96.jpg
    Cheers, John
    AA 510 AirMasters88 Reg, MTC Viper, AA 400 AirMasters88 Reg, AA TX200, Aeron BRNO B96, FWB 65, FWB 80 Walther CP88

If you mean by semi auto a pistol that when you pull the trigger it only trips a sear and the gun does the rest , load, fire etc. Then the PX4 Storm and similar pistols are not semi auto as the trigger indexes the mag like standard umarex guns.The blow back only cocks the hammer.

As for guns that fire, reload and cock in what ever order then there are a few Drulov, Aeron, Steyr, Feinwerkbau and Zastava GP45 (early Drulov) are all target guns in .177.

The Crosman 600,Crosman 451 and Benjamin 422 are the only ones I can think of in .22 but stand to be corrected.

There is also the Daisy 2003 a 35 shot .177 semi auto which Ramsbottoms used to sell for about £30 but Daisy ceased production because of the easy of conversion to full auto.

I bought my Zastava new from The Sportsman Gun Center in 2004 for £99.99 and have to say it is one of the best buys I have ever made.
    Zastava Owners Club.

Quote Originally Posted by JD75 View Post
    If you mean by semi auto a pistol that when you pull the trigger it only trips a sear and the gun does the rest , load, fire etc. Then the PX4 Storm and similar pistols are not semi auto as the trigger indexes the mag like standard umarex guns.The blow back only cocks the hammer.

As for guns that fire, reload and cock in what ever order then there are a few Drulov, Aeron, Steyr, Feinwerkbau and Zastava GP45 (early Drulov) are all target guns in .177.

The Crosman 600,Crosman 451 and Benjamin 422 are the only ones I can think of in .22 but stand to be corrected.

There is also the Daisy 2003 a 35 shot .177 semi auto which Ramsbottoms used to sell for about £30 but Daisy ceased production because of the easy of conversion to full auto.

I bought my Zastava new from The Sportsman Gun Center in 2004 for £99.99 and have to say it is one of the best buys I have ever made.
    I would second that -great gun. The only drawback is the 8g capsules, so I converted mine to bulk fill.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Bob View Post
    Drulov DU-10 Condor.
    5 shot semi-auto target pistol.
    What's really amusing is that when it runs low on gas it goes full auto and empties the magazine

Glad you like the Crosman 600
    I have heard that Mini Uzis also go full auto when low on gas - mine don't of course and thus remain legal.

The Crosman 600 is a joy - Accu Pell and Vermin Pell arrived today and both go through faultlessly with no jams. I am happy as a pig in shit! Using gas like it was a free as air.

Thanks everyone for the input - I know Google is my friend but sometimes it is good to tap the opinions of others.

[CZ 75 due out in April is supposed to be some sort of blow back repeater