Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crosman 1377 what mods are a must have ?

crosman 1377 what mods are a must have ?

Hi guys I'm new to the forum and have recently purchased a crosman 1377 , I just wondered what we're must have mods for this as I know they are very modable and look great with new stocks any info or previous experience with these guns would be good to know .

Hi matey,
    Welcome on board!

You're right, it's an excellent pistol, even in standard, basic form. With a few sensible mods it can be even better.

It all depends what you want to do...Just plink, targets etc....

Two UK sites to have a look at are G-Mac and SD Custom Design. They will get those creative juices flowing!!

It's very easy to get carried away with the spend, so decide where you want it go lead.....

All I've done with mine is fit the shoulder stock, steel breech (probably the most important mod and vital if you want to use a scope/ red dot) and a 4x32 scope. Even with the slightly creepy and heavy-ish trigger (which there are mods for, or you can just opt to get used to it), it will genuinely shoot 10 shot groups at ten yards of about 6mm edge to edge, if I do my bit....

If you decide to leave it as a pistol, there are now a huge selection of grips etc to choose from.

Have a good browse on those two sites, decide what sort of things you may want and feel free to shout up with any other questions....

P.S. Also have a look at the US Airgun Artisans site and search out the Crosman Pistol Owners Forum.

There's stacks of info out on there on these superb pistols.

Enjoy!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hi Tonyl thank you that is fantastic info I was thinking of using it for small game and plinking , the mods I have in mind are steel breech , slightly longer barrel (maybe be achieved with jus a silencer) and I plan to make my own shoulder stock to give it that air rifle look and feel , also make my own trigger or get my brother to make me one as he is fantastic at that sort of thing but would like to do it myself. I'm sure I will get plenty of inspiration along the way aspecialy with those site you gave me

one of the best 1377 mods

Aside from the stock, the steel breech, which lets you use either a scope or better open sights, you should consider getting a forearm from a Crosman Backpacker.

It is wider and deeper than the really skinny one that comes on the 1377. Being deeper, it will save you from taking a chunk of flesh out of your palm. After getting bitten for the last time by my 1377, that's what I did. THIS is one of the best mods. Custom wood grips are out there that achieve the same thing. A black forearm from a Backpacker also looks good with the 1399 stock.

You won't regret it. Ever!

Stuart

hydrocamo
    crosman 1377 what mods are a must have ?

Hi guys I'm new to the forum and have recently purchased a crosman 1377 , I just wondered what we're must have mods for this as I know they are very modable and look great with new stocks any info or previous experience with these guns would be good to know .

No worries, matey.

Must get off now, before she goes BERSERK , but will look in as soon as with a little more info....If it's more power you want, a longer barrel will be a must and making the pump head a little more efficient...ie closing up any lost volume...either by using an adjustable pump head or one of those flat top piston conversions. Also make sure the transfer port isn't a teensy weensy little one......

Must go!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Cheers guys really helpful?! I am aiming to do a custom wood stock and pump myself but if not will definitely look at that one off the backpacker , also if I turn it into a rifle ie. With the longer barrel and stock will I still have to keep the power below66 ftlb or can I then go upto 12 ftlb like a rifle can ?

Lighten the trigger sear spring.
    Polish the trigger sear faces.
    Put some custom woodwork from GMac on it.
    Do the full UK power tune - if you've just bought the pistol new it will only be doing 3fltbs
    You don't need a steel breech or a longer barrel. I've won pistol HFT comps with a pistol modded as above.
    Don't bother with the shoulder stock, if you want a rifle go and buy a rifle - don't spoil the 1377.

Steel breech and bolt.
    Flat top piston.
    LPA MIM rearsight.
    Lastly nice wooden grips.

Oh and a barrel support strip, the foresight muzzle hole is a sloppy fit and the strip will stop this.

Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Bob View Post
    Lighten the trigger sear spring.
    Polish the trigger sear faces.
    Put some custom woodwork from GMac on it.
    Do the full UK power tune - if you've just bought the pistol new it will only be doing 3fltbs
    You don't need a steel breech or a longer barrel. I've won pistol HFT comps with a pistol modded as above.
    Don't bother with the shoulder stock, if you want a rifle go and buy a rifle - don't spoil the 1377.
    I'm thinking of getting the 1377 and keeping it fairly standard, these tweaks look a cost effective way forward. Surprised the stock item only does around 3ft.lb, thought they were nearly double that with 10 pumps? The PC77 'Pumpmaster' appears to be the same gun but with black grips - any more knowledge out there on the PC77 (which do not seem to be available in europe)?

Mine does 4.5 ft.lbs, with Hobbies, at 10 pumps.

The transfer port mod, as Bob has previously detailed, is a free power increase.

If you don't have the means to enlarge the port yourself, maybe Gordon from G-Mac would be able to supply one that he's opened out?

Thanks for the power info. Had a quick look at the transfer port mod and should be able to manage that. A better fore grip would be good, maybe the black plastic one plus black grips from SDCustom to keep cost down.

As far as I'm aware the "classic" 1377 and PC77 are the same internally, it's just the colour of the plastics that's different.
    I've just got back into these, I bought a new 1377 on Friday. Sure enough it was running at 3.1ftlbs.
    One hour later it's running at 5.6ftlbs, total outlay for the upgrade? £0.00

Oh and while I think on, don't underestimate the HUGE improvement to the trigger that you can achieve for no money.
    Put the sear spring in a vice and squash it down until the coils touch each other, then release.
    Remove the hammer sear and polish the surfaces (just use a bit of 1000g grit wet and dry) that engage with the hammer and with the trigger. You don't need to go to town, just make the faces shiny.
    Refit everything and be amazed!

Trigger has got to be the first and most useful mod on any of the Crosmans , they definitely don't aid accuracy in standard form .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

secretagentmole Guest
    It is a pistol, is logged as a pistol, so if you fit the longer barrel and shoulder stock, it is still a pistol and must remain at below 6 ft lb, which makes it unsuitable for hunting!