Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 10m airpistol training techniques

Quote Originally Posted by shawnpurslow View Post
    smooth with an unexpected point of fire.
    What do you mean by this? I prefer to shot without a two stage set up. Both pistol and rifle.

I move my finger back to the trigger and make contact, When I feel ready I apply the needed
    pressure and the shot is released.

I am usually feeling very focused and relaxed at that point. Focusing on feeling body balance, grip,
    arm feeling comfortable and in "center" only looking at front sight. The feeling of the shot being
    released is kinda "surprising" in the way that is kinda snaps me a little out of the world I just was in.
    Not startled or like that it makes me jump, not more than that I still look down the sight line and
    most the time I can see the pellet fly towards the target.

B.R.
    Wanted part new/used: Model 65, 80, 90 part 1600.178.1 Führungsachse, hinten ø 4,615 Guide axle, rear, ø 4,615

Hmmm. I have realized that I need to spread my 6o shot from 3 to 4 cards.
    maybe even 6 cards.
    Groupings have become better and it is getting harder to read the score.
    I guess that is what one will call progress

Thanks for the help so far!
    B.R
    Wanted part new/used: Model 65, 80, 90 part 1600.178.1 Führungsachse, hinten ø 4,615 Guide axle, rear, ø 4,615

Trigger

Sorry to clarify I mean that your trigger pressure should be slow and almost unconscious. It should suprise you when it fires and then you should maintain focus on the foresight. I don't really see the pellet fly nowadays as I 100% concentrate on foresight during the follow through.

It takes me a lot of practice to hit the ten regularly with a perfect follow through. When I get it right my accuracy and consistency improves. Occasionally upon firing I switch focus to the target and I noticed on scatt that these were the ones when the barrel wobbled and I'd hit a wide 9.

Hope that clarifies things. I give around four hours a week to follow through training.

yeah, it is kinda like that, but I had to put some focus on the trigger again as I realized I was not
    consistent enough.
    I have also started focusing more on maintaining an undisturbed sight picture focusing on the front
    sight after the shot is fired too.
    I realized I could never account for the second after the shot, some times I also see the pellet,
    so I assume your are right. I am not focusing enough on the front sight after the shot.
    Those two and not lowering my head, rather lift the pistol to the eye will be main focus for a while.

I have not had as much time as I would prefer to shoot lately, but thanks to all the tips
    The rounds that I have had has been quite fruitful, My average has during 3-4 60 shot
    rounds come up to around 363, getting closer to my first goal of 370 averages.

I have noticed that I have a problem with my legs or torso. Most my shots are quite level.
    But they often spread out some, from outer 9 to outer 9. Even if I have put some tape on
    the floor to mark my ideal feet position and I put my feet at the same place every time my gun
    often points to far to the right and I have to correct this by moving my outer foot further
    forward this leads me out of my ideal position and I end up in a position where I have a tendency
    to start swaying a little
    I find it if I force the aim towards left it often slips right as the shot is fired and the shot is
    misplaced towards the right. Also that if I in general start using to much muscle to stand still
    (avoiding rotation) I also often send the shot to the right.

Does anyone have any good tips on how to better control this? Is there any good exercises
    to do to become more aware of ones leg/ torso position. Of course I can compensate, at least
    to some degree by adjusting the aim a couple of notches to the left. But I would not think
    that is the correct way around it.

Cheers

I know this isn't really advice as such but I've found that if you can group well with a Tempest, you can group well with anything . Work on your technique/grip/hold with a springer (especially one with a heavy trigger like the Tempest) and once you master it, any SSP/MPP/CO2 will be a cinch I guarantee you...

Quote Originally Posted by Eidem View Post
    I have not had as much time as I would prefer to shoot lately, but thanks to all the tips
    The rounds that I have had has been quite fruitful, My average has during 3-4 60 shot
    rounds come up to around 363, getting closer to my first goal of 370 averages.

I have noticed that I have a problem with my legs or torso. Most my shots are quite level.
    But they often spread out some, from outer 9 to outer 9. Even if I have put some tape on
    the floor to mark my ideal feet position and I put my feet at the same place every time my gun
    often points to far to the right and I have to correct this by moving my outer foot further
    forward this leads me out of my ideal position and I end up in a position where I have a tendency
    to start swaying a little
    I find it if I force the aim towards left it often slips right as the shot is fired and the shot is
    misplaced towards the right. Also that if I in general start using to much muscle to stand still
    (avoiding rotation) I also often send the shot to the right.

Does anyone have any good tips on how to better control this? Is there any good exercises
    to do to become more aware of ones leg/ torso position. Of course I can compensate, at least
    to some degree by adjusting the aim a couple of notches to the left. But I would not think
    that is the correct way around it.

Cheers
    Shooting close to 370? Did you mean 570? Because that's what you were working towards a few posts up ^

Do you have a target changer, and hold the same stance for a whole match? Or are you resetting your stance every card?

Perhaps you need to relax more, to find the comfortable stance that gives a natural repeatable aim at the target...? Practice your setup & raise in front of a mirror?

I always look down before the raise, take a full breath in/out while mentally checking my knees are not locked, and buttocks relaxed... another full breath looking towards the target, then raise while breathing in... remember to lean back slightly, to balance the pistol's weight, and shoot a 7

that was supposed to be a 5 not a 3 yes.
    I have noticed that when I really want to do better I tend to tense up some yes.
    I definitely shoot better when I manage to relax properly.
    I do not have any fancy equipment at home, so I have to walk over to swap cards.
    That is some times annoying as I have a really comfortable position and it feels like
    the gun wants to shoot 10'ns and when I come back it sometimes feels impossible
    to find the same position again.
    I guess it is time to stand and practice position some without the gun in my hand.
    Just stand there and repeat the lift, aim and breathing until I feel it is becoming more
    nature. I feel almost certain if I got my position under control I would pass 570 and
    be ready to raise the bar towards 575 or 580.
    I have also started focusing much more on the moment just after the shot is fired
    and feel that have been quite helpful at being more steady as the shot is fired.

Advice

Not sure I can give you any advice other than practice. Much of the required technique is about routine. I doubt you are doing much wrong if you shoot in the 560s. Dry fire and live fire as much as possible and you should see improvements.

Might be worth considering a flexibility program too. This may just help you feel more relaxed. Also possibly worth having a go with an electronic system and looking at your traces. I found that when I raised the gun slightly to the left of my normal position I tended to shoot to the right. Never sure of the cause but proof to me that the tiniest changes to routine caused errors.

I broke my training pb today but have trained 6 days a week for last 12 weeks now.