Thread: Horsham Hawks Winter Series . Final Results and Prizes

Horsham Hawks Winter Series . Final Results and Prizes

Hi Everybody,

First of all, a big ‘thank you’ to everyone who turned out today for the fourth and final round of the Horsham Hawks Winter Series. I’m sure you’ll agree that it was nice to shoot for once without the awful accompaniment of rain – although the wind remained a challenge for most. I hope that the series was both interesting and enjoyable for all who took part; and I look forward to participating in a similar competition at the end of this year and the beginning of next.

Secondly, I have to offer a huge apology. As much as I enjoyed handing out the prizes to the winners, it seems that we made one or two errors in our calculations at the end of today’s shoot and immediately before the prize-giving. In short, the spreadsheet on our laptop was organised to calculate the total of the percentage scores for each competitor, across all four rounds of the competition (as was the case last year) – rather than the top three of four rounds (as should have been the case this year). As a consequence, some prizes were awarded incorrectly and I apologise unreservedly and profusely for that.

What follows is the correct list of prize-winners, together with the sum of their best three percentage scores. I would be extremely grateful if those who are incorrectly holding trophies could return them to me (in exchange for a double egg, bacon and cheese burger) so that I can pass them on to the correct recipients. As I was 'in the chair' for the day, should any such trophies be irrecoverable for any reason (extended holidays, emigration or sold on the bay), I would be happy to provide for an appropriate replacement from my own (or club) funds, dependant upon how sound a thrashing I will get from my erstwhile colleagues for the errors.

Open
    1st place Tony Archer 285.393%
    2nd place Mike Byford 282.138%
    3rd place Eric Bynum 281.682%

Recoiling
    1st place Nigel Tostevin 238.320%
    2nd place Nick Botting 236.073
    3rd place Roy Pearce 228.152

Ladies (shot across two rounds with two ladies competing in each)
    1st place Jenny Stone 177.053

Juniors
    1st place Rudy Goldslade 267.624

The full spreadsheet, detailing scores (and percentages) achieved by all competitors across all rounds and classes in the competition will be posted as soon as it is available (and has been checked).

Very best wishes,
    PJ

Thanks Horsham!

Congratulations to anyone who even got close to a trophy - a seriously challenging series, at least I now have about eight months to recover and dry out.....
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

(through gritted teeth) i really hate Tony Archer!....

Good shooting with you guys...unlucky Steve! (sorry) :

Thanks Horsham, it was emotional!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Another top hunter series comes to an end, great end to a great series.
    Bob

Really ....... Best return the trophy then ! , I think perhaps just going on people's scores would be easier then this percentage nonsense . If peoples scores end up being the same then it's a shoot off ....old school .

If anyone deserves 1st place for recoil it's Nigel . Hats off to you mate .
    H.R.P.C.....and proud of it

Lovely sunny day for the final shoot

Thank you Horsham for an Absolutely Brilliant series. I was no where near the action this series , not a chance with the top shots that have put in some amazingly good scores Had me doubt everything but feel ready to take on anything now.

Enjoyable morning, thanks Mike and Andy, or more acurately, speedy and happy
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Quote Originally Posted by si7777777 View Post
    Enjoyable morning, thanks Mike and Andy, or more acurately, speedy and happy
    Or even more accurately..... These two

Snigger thats them!
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Splund View Post
    That's gonna stick

who are you??

Thanks shorty! Good going round with you mate!

Like to see todays scores if poss
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Yeah found them bob!
    Thanks mate and a blinding score today i might add!!

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Splund View Post
    arf! arf! arf!