Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HRPC HFT Results 9th of Feb

HRPC HFT Results 9th of Feb

Well that was another great shoot with some great scores and a few new PB's! I must say looking around at the trees swaying in the wind today made me think more about what was going on down range. Needless to say I ignored the voices in my head telling me to give more windage and I went for the shot anyway! I think I need to listen to them a little more

So well done to everyone involved in setting the course and bringing it all back in, but very shortly we should have our next shooting line ready, which as you know will mean we have far more options to us. Which leads me to thank everyone that stayed behind and helped with the work party! And today I found more shooting options than I could wave a stick at, a few more work parties and I thin we are there!

The scores!!!

Open:
    D Dawes 58 (CRX Back to its best )
    A Boxall 56 (New BP, nice one mate )
    T Evans 55 (New BP, great shooting)
    R Smith 55
    D Saunders 51
    R February 46
    T Lomas 46
    E Potter 45
    P Jackson 44

Recoil:
    P England 45
    C Muggeridge 45
    A Brooks 43

Looks like the springer class is hotting up

Well done everyone and and thank you to Ross all his help and assistance, always appreciated

Atb Rob
    "qui audet adipiscitur!"

Well done Terry on the new PB!

I am still amazed that with all the rain we have had the ground was only a little bit damp.

Such an awesome place to shoot and with the new shooting lines it's like a whole new environment with new challenges. Just step through the wardrobe in to Narnia as it was put by Dave.

I for one can't wait!

Andrew

Great morning shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulance View Post
    Well done Terry on the new PB!

I am still amazed that with all the rain we have had the ground was only a little bit damp.

Such an awesome place to shoot and with the new shooting lines it's like a whole new environment with new challenges. Just step through the wardrobe in to Narnia as it was put by Dave.

I for one can't wait!

Andrew
    Thanks Andy, nice one yourself. You never know we might even clear a course one day LOL. Seriously though that was a tricky course with the wind and all and I think everybody shot well. Thanks to Dave for the inspiration, I'm sure shooting with you helped me a lot. As usual though it was a really nice relaxing day out and I can't wait for the next one.

Oh and Ross. I know you really wanted to see a Sasquatch but I think we'll have to go deeper into the woods for that. I did however hear of some mountain dude being sighted down in the trees, shirt off and wielding a machete but I think thats just somebody imagining things,

Your right the venue really is stunning and it was pretty dry even down by the stream. We haven't shot down that end in a while and I can't wait to get down there again.

ATVB

Terry
    Always make the best of things, it can only get worse if you don't.

Best Shooting Ground Anywhere imo

Rik
    Never pull the trigger unless you know
    you are going to hit what you are aiming at.

Quote Originally Posted by gtott View Post
    Best Shooting Ground Anywhere imo

Rik
    Thank you Rik , hope to see you soon as we are having an open shoot every other fortnight when the new course is done . People don't realise that we have had to have a major work party after virtually every shoot to get this place as good as it is , sometimes the problem is that it's just too vast . I think the last time you came we used the river course , well that's now twice as long and extends right through on yet another piece of land . Hard graft but well worth it !

I know we are the Millwall club of Sussex which is a shame but for anyone that enjoys shooting I'd hope they would enjoy having a crack at one of our courses in the near future .

Anyway a huge well done Terry on that PB although I don't think I helped you at all mate , also well done to Andy - that was a superb score too !

BTW Terry I would love to post that pic of Ross but decided against it . lol

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

"Millwall Club of Sussex" i like that D nothing wrong with the den mate supported them for years

It seems every time i try and get out something else has blown down, flooded, blown up, packed up or is dying on me but once this weather gives me a break i'll look forward to having a butchers lads.

Rik

Quote Originally Posted by gtott View Post
    "Millwall Club of Sussex" i like that D nothing wrong with the den mate supported them for years

It seems every time i try and get out something else has blown down, flooded, blown up, packed up or is dying on me but once this weather gives me a break i'll look forward to having a butchers lads.

Rik
    lol , few of my mates are too Rik but I don't think they are in the family stands .

Hope everything gets back to normal soon mate , if you can't make it I'm driving down to yours in the summer with my Arsenal ( see what I did there ) .

atvb

Dave

Dave you are always welcome mate.

I don't use 40mm k-zones only 25mm out to 45yd and 15mm from
    8yd to 30yd you should come down with the lads one Saturday or Sunday

Rik

Gutted I missed this one!

Looks like you all shot well, great stuff! Well done to Terry and Andy on your Pb's!

Great to see the CRX is back to its normal self Dave! I'm starting to forget what my guns look like!

Atb

Steve
    HW100 T, Remington 700 .243
    CZ452 Silhouette .22lr, CZ452 .17HMR
    Beretta 686 White Onyx

Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
    Azlan?

Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Tidy
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Narnia or the Blue Grass Mountains

Ah.. but your right Dave, if you post the picture of Ross we might just end up finding David Attenborough down there with a film crew. I just can't get over the fact that you can go from a pine forest to deciduous and then open it out if needed within a few yards.

I'm really looking forward to having our next open and sharing what we have with other like minded people. i.e. those who just enjoy their shooting.

Cheers for the offer Rick. You never know we might just take you up on it. Might need to get my glasses sorted to see kills that small though...lol, Seriously it will be great to see you again. If you thought it was decent the last time you saw it your in for a nice surprise.

Cheers

Terry
    Always make the best of things, it can only get worse if you don't.

I'm intrigued now ... Sounds like some hard graft been done fellas
    I will be there next time to enjoy it tel.

Rumblebuffin (as mentioned by Mr Tumnus )