Thread: GAMO ASI Sniper .177

GAMO ASI Sniper .177

I've owned my GAMO ASI Sniper .177 since I was about 13-14 I reckon. I'm 44 this year! I've a couple of questions.

1. Is this likely to be too powerful for the current law.

2. Is it worth anything?

It shoots really nicely, and with good accuracy, and apart from a few scuffs on the woodwork, mostly where it's been rested on things, is in very good condition.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by _tim_ View Post
    I've owned my GAMO ASI Sniper .177 since I was about 13-14 I reckon. I'm 44 this year! I've a couple of questions.

1. Is this likely to be too powerful for the current law

2. Is it worth anything?

It shoots really nicely, and with good accuracy, and apart from a few scuffs on the woodwork, mostly where it's been rested on things, is in very good condition.
    Too powerful???!!! I don't think there's much danger of you being accused of having a WMD in your hands.
    If in really nice condition the rifle could be worth £40. Maybe even £50
    I remember these being sold as a kit called the Rangemaster, supplied with targets, pellets and a scope in the Marshal Ward catalogue in the late 1970s.
    Is it a repeater, or a single shot? If a repeater, add about £10-£20 to the above value.
    Last edited by harry mac; 10-02-2014 at 01:22 AM. Reason: additional text
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

ASI Sniper http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=31 inthis case a repeater a.k.a. ElGamo Expo and the repeater as ElGamo Expomatic.
    I agree with the above valuations.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I think the valuation is about right provided in reasonable good condition. I have quite a few ASI rifles (paratroopers and Apache) and my first ever rifle was a sniper repeater that I had given to me,sadly it died many years ago.

Ah yes remember when you could buy airguns and shotguns from catalouges quite a few of my early rifles came that way includeing my Meteor Standard Mark 5 in .22 and my ASI Statical .22. We can all of course sleep " safley"" seeing such evil practrices are no longer with us now its even easier for the crims to get gun such is "progress" yeah right, enjoy the rif;le there good fun but not a hunter, a plinker and a good one .

Ah yes remember when you could buy airguns and shotguns from catalouges quite a few of my early rifles came that way includeing my Meteor Standard Mark 5 in .22 and my ASI Statical .22. We can all of course sleep " safley"" seeing such evil practrices are no longer with us now its even easier for the crims to get gun such is "progress" yeah right, enjoy the rifle there good fun but not a hunter, a plinker and a good one .