Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bargain of a lifetime?

I wonder what Mr D would make of all of this.

Someone wake him up?
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

very cleaver made me laugh

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

Very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post

What would you know about being an author

http://www.impbooks.com/music-books/...tish-Scene/103

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post

Someone wake him up?

We all know what he gets up to on a Saturday night

Assume we don't and enlighten us, Pete.

ATVB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

zimmerstutzen delight

i was frankly in a daze and as the old dear went to maske a pot of earl grey i half- stumbled back into the studty;-piled and heaped as it was with vintage airguns and airpistols,classics.sleepers and objet d'art i paused to examine a grotesque netsuki sitting .somehow out of place on the plump chesterfield that mist have been "his" smokingchair ,my eyes drifted to the top of the bookcase and a dog-eared cardboard box -closer inspection gleaned sight of the printing "drp patent " "randzundpatrone fur zimmerstutzen" also on a small carton that tumbled to the floor from atop the zimmerstutzen (whatever that could be .i asked myself)-gingerly i lowered the bos to theleather-topped desk so not to disturb the senses of the widow for she'd not mentione d this undoubted airgun-treasure,dusty and forgotten in the study-as i lifted the cardboard lid my lacoste treainer slipped on something;- the randzundpatrone ,scattered on the chinese rug-tiny wee bullets of sum sort if i may be so bold....to be contd.

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post

Someone wake him up?
    Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post
    Assume we don't and enlighten us, Pete.

ATVB, Mick

Well we don't know for sure Mick, but rumour has it that it might involve sequins and the odd samba. I must re-iterate it's only a rumour

Cool books

Well we don't know for sure Mick, but rumour has it that it might involve sequins and the odd samba. I must re-iterate it's only a rumour
    Very funny you should take up writing fiction books.
    J.K. rowling made lots money!!!!!!!!£££££££££

….with a kind of nervousness I hadn’t experienced before; she, quite confident and slightly domineering, added a weird attractiveness to something I was desperate to get my hands on. I couldn’t get those weapons out of my mind. As I continued towards her, out of the corner of my eye, I spied an unusual combination of oils on the small oak bedside cabinet; Johnson’s Baby oil and the unmistakeable orange coloured 500ml can of Vanner and Prest Neatsfoot Oil. How strange I thought, I can understand the potential of Johnson’s, but, what the hell is the Neatfoot can of oil there for? Through my glazed eyes I couldn’t see any jars, or, old aerosol caps of Neafoot Oil with leather seals soaking in them. How incredibly stupid of me, of course I wouldn’t see any - her air riffle collection mad husband had passed away some months ago. It bugged me a little and I just had to ask the question; the Neatfoot Oil, what is it...…she interrupted impatiently, I ride a lot, see that rack of leather straps over there, she pointed them out with her elegant fragile hand and well manicured finger; such beautiful straps, I think your air rifle collectors technically call them slings, but, they make good riding crops. I could see they were real quality items of various shades of leather; some complex plaited designs and many with elaborate tool markings. You seem rather naïve for an air riffle enthusiast and a bit of a faker, she mocked, I thought anyone in the air rifle world worth their salt knew that Neatsfoot Oil had a deep penetrating action; it says so on the tin, read it! You, she said, I think you could learn a lot by joining the AirgunBBs Forum. What a beautifully ingenious lady, turning her ex-husbands hobby accessories into lustful and pleasurable objects of desire….

Look, we need to stop wasting time, you are a very, very naughty boy she snapped, reminiscent of a school mistress with the upper class accent that they all seem to possess in those good old days gone by……here at once, now, NOW! OK, OK, I’m coming, I replied, slightly impatient myself….

In a flash, I found myself reeling in agony on the bedroom floor, my foot throbbing and swelling, the air was turning blue. I had stubbed my toes on the foot of the solid framed four poster bed….. Despite the agonising situation, I could not believe what I discovered under the bed…….

Keep it coming, this is brilliant.
    MK1 HW77k .177, MK2 HW 77k .177, HW35 .22, HW100s .177, Hatsan55 .177, Perfecta 55 .177, Webley Rebel.177, Brummie Longbow .177, Webley MK3 .22 and a Benjamin pumper .22.

airgun cornocopial

hearing the clinking tea-service approaching i deftly slipped the boxed zimmerstutzen with one movement into the stack of service mk.II's;-one extra layer of yelloewing cardboard would go un-noticed.The widow entered the study just as i scooped up the randzundpatrone off the rug into my trenchcoat pockat skillfully kicking the casrton under the chaez longue,itself heaped with as yet unidentified classics-strewn about also with luftpistolen of fine vintage ,some box3ed others wrapped in oilcloth zand yet more,possibly of czech manf. in brown ,greased paper direct from the arsenal i assumed.
    there was no real need to divert her for she went strasight to serving -up a steaming earl grey;still,i thought a suitable gambit would be to ask for a light for my roll-up;-"yes,there on the desk next to the inkwell,youngster";"madam.you must be mistaken for that's a nickel-plated westlrey-richards !"highest possible"";-"no.laddie Wilf had it converted to a cigarlighter i9n nineteen sixty-six-you must cock the action and a pull of the trigger causes flame to issue from the transfewr-port as he used to refer to that particularly fascinating part,bless him":-"my dear heart.ypou are correct ",i gbasped as my stoggie burst inyto life,"SOMETHING SIMILAR I HAVE INDEED SEEN SINCE FITTING A BEAST M/SPRING IN MK diana sp50 pop-out toy"then for a few awkward moments which seemed like a ghastly eternity,all ability to utter human sound deserted me;at this she cast me a quizzicasl look and luckily i composed myself,dissolving any anxiety she might be hqarbouring regards the imminent border shift in my camper vehicle with a coy:GOOD LADY,YOUR IMMENSE GENERODSITY HAS ME QUITE INCREDULADUNZO "!

Was it your porridge gun

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Quote Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post

Despite the agonising situation, I could not believe what I discovered under the bed…….
    An immaculate and original Mk1 Airsporter in unfired condition? -O.M.G. - I just cannot take any more!

Airsporterman
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    ….Despite the agonising situation, I could not believe what I discovered under the bed…….
    Noooo, Not the missing fence panel!!!!!

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland

Despite the agonising situation, I could not believe what I discovered under the bed…….
    The dried out/shrivelled corpse of the last 'bounty hunter' collector dude - still clutching a mint Mk 1 Airsporter.

Airsporterman
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.