Thread: Steyr match 88

Steyr match 88

Steyr match 88
    C02 10M target rifle in the for sale section
    2 tubes bulk tank and fill probe
    first to say say they will buy on the forum with no provisos gets it.
    You must be over 18
    ATB
    Last edited by happydude; 18-02-2014 at 04:26 PM.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Steve (Yorklets)
    Now this is a good rifle for you to start 10 mt with, quality kit, budget price, and easily converetd to PCP if you wish. Its miles better than a 300 or 600, snap it up before its bought by a collector or plinker and wasted.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Steyr

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Steve (Yorklets)
    Now this is a good rifle for you to start 10 mt with, quality kit, budget price, and easily converetd to PCP if you wish. Its miles better than a 300 or 600, snap it up before its bought by a collector or plinker and wasted.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Thanks Robin
    Steve has been intouch but I think the importers have put him off advising him they cannot be converted.
    I know they can I've seen it done. I may do it myself.
    But to be fair it's no problem using C02.
    Il give it until the weekend then it's back in the cabinet.
    Regards

The importer probably doesn't know enough about the 88 or 91. I wouldn't consider buying with the intention of converting to compressed air these rifles are fine as they are.

The trigger is almost identicle to the Walther LGR which is one of the finest units out there. Cylinders are built like proverbial Brick Building, Seals are off the shelf, sights have built in cant facility on the rifle. One of the best looking rifles ever too imo. Ideal step between ssp & pcp.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    The importer probably doesn't know enough about the 88 or 91. I wouldn't consider buying with the intention of converting to compressed air these rifles are fine as they are.

The trigger is almost identicle to the Walther LGR which is one of the finest units out there. Cylinders are built like proverbial Brick Building, Seals are off the shelf, sights have built in cant facility on the rifle. One of the best looking rifles ever too imo. Ideal step between ssp & pcp.
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge very much appreciated.
    ATB

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post

Wonky

I don't really have a dog in this hunt, but I have to defend Harry Preston.

He is a very knowledgeable and helpful chap and a qualified steyr engineer. This being the case, he went the extra mile when I contacted him regarding the 88 and confirmed with Austria that the conversion to air isn't possible as far as they are concerned.

That's not to say that someone couldn't or hasn't done it, I'm sure they have.

Not sure if I want trust an amateur where high pressures are concerned though.

The rifle I'm sure will be great in co2, it's just too much hassle for me to get them filled etc...

I'm sure there are plenty of co2 shooters out there who will jump at the chance to have the 88 and use it as is.

Cheers

Steve.

Steyr

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiets View Post
    Wonky

I don't really have a dog in this hunt, but I have to defend Harry Preston.

He is a very knowledgeable and helpful chap and a qualified steyr engineer. This being the case, he went the extra mile when I contacted him regarding the 88 and confirmed with Austria that the conversion to air isn't possible as far as they are concerned.

That's not to say that someone couldn't or hasn't done it, I'm sure they have.

Not sure if I want trust an amateur where high pressures are concerned though.

The rifle I'm sure will be great in co2, it's just too much hassle for me to get them filled etc...

I'm sure there are plenty of co2 shooters out there who will jump at the chance to have the 88 and use it as is.

Cheers

Steve.
    You don!t need to defend Preston's they are knowledgable or Steyr , I'm not attacking, they just do not have a solution but the chaps that do are far from amateurs and I do defend them for the excellent engineers they are.
    There is no pressure for anyone to buy I thought it would be a very good and competitive starter. For serious target work, and BT the way very easy to fill as everything is included.
    Life's to short to bitch about this so best wishes to all.
    It's still for sale until Tuesday morning when's it's off to my RFD to trade for a daystate mk4 is
    ATB

Why all the concern on converting, This is a great gun in CO2 and will easily out shoot most, I use a CO2 Walther pistol, it shoots equally as well as any of the modern PCP's in my club (I won last night ) Never found temp changes to affect it which seems to be the main concern, Gas is cheap and easy to do, I would use it as is and just enjoy a superb rifle
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

You have mail.
    Peter

Steyr match 88

PM's replied to
    Thanks

Hi John,

I am pleased you have decided to keep your Steyr and give 10 meter target shooting another go!

Good shooting - I am sure you will enjoy it.

ATB - Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Steyr

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Hi John,

I am pleased you have decided to keep your Steyr and give 10 meter target shooting another go!

Good shooting - I am sure you will enjoy it.

ATB - Bob.
    Thanks Bob il be sure to contact you if I do decide to part with it
    Best regards
    John.