Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrade from a Rohm - Steyr LP50?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
    Loading single shot is slightly less fun, and if I couldnt be using the Rohm 8 shot magazines at the club, the Rohm would not be enjoyable to use at all.

Thanks
    Loading more than one shot is not permitted in normal competition, in five shot competitions the loading and checking for clear should only be done under direct control of a RO so unless you plan to shoot five shot comps its best to avoid them.
    Have you been to Norwich City Target club, there is a wide range of pistols there including club guns. You would be welcome to come along. I suggest the Steyr Lp2 as a good option, we have one leftie shooting one at top level. If you are hell bent on a 5 shot, I suggest the LP50E and also get a single shot mag, the trigger on the 50E is as good as any single shot and better than most, I would agree that the trigger on the standard 50 is not ideal for single shot standard.
    Good Shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Have you been to Norwich City Target club, there is a wide range of pistols there including club guns. You would be welcome to come along.

Hi, thanks. I have been there for 6 weeks or so, im the new tall one at the end, shooting with the Rohm with the home made LH grip!

I did try the clubs leftie springer, quite a beast! Everyone has been nice, and allowed me to touch and hold a couple of their examples, so I can get an idea

Cheers - Geoff.
    Thanks - Geoff.

I own a LP2 full size in LH, have used the LP2 Compact in ambi and love both

I've owned a FWB P34 LH, but prefer the Steyr.

All of the above are RH load, have had no problems with the Steyr, although the FWB is more lefty friendly

....but I want a LP10e....!!

Hope that helps

Adrian
    My wife DOES know how much my rifle cost - she bought it for me! Blaser R8 Success Mono LH with .22lr. .204 Ruger, 6.5 x 55 and .308

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    Interesting, What are the problems Phil? I know of one or two LP400's & so far they have been totally reliable.
    Alas, I can't elaborate further, and don't really like leaving such a statement unquantified.

I did read a "article" reporting faults, but now can't find it to point you towards it.

I am not one to always believe everything I read, but did think there was some credence to it when a club member started having trouble with his virtually from new.

From memory his problems were: a clicking noise when the gun was tilted back, varying power when cocked, lots of unexplained flyers, etc.

He did get the pistol replaced, and the new one seemed to be flawless.

Not sure if this is a rarity, as I haven't come across any others to use as a reference.

Sorry for being a bit vague.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<