Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of Buying a Baikal Makarov (in devon) advice needed

Thinking of Buying a Baikal Makarov (in devon) advice needed

Hi all.
    Just realised I probobly should have asked this question here.

Bit out of my area of understanding, but I was rather taken by seeing a review of the Baikal Makarov and wondered if anyone knows where it's readily available in Devon and if I need any advice etc?
    I've heard that there are two versions of the Baikal one good and one.... not so good (not including the Umarex)
    I know it's not spring piston. Must be a virus making me think crazy thoughts

Cheers
    Gene

The good one and expensive it is, can be obtained from Rusmilitary, due to vcr, will need shipping to an RFD. Go and speak to Laurie at Exeter gun shop in Heavitree.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocker (sp) View Post
    The good one and expensive it is, can be obtained from Rusmilitary, due to vcr, will need shipping to an RFD. Go and speak to Laurie at Exeter gun shop in Heavitree.
    Thanks, I was looking at US sites selling them for $50! Fat chance of getting it for that price over here.

Imports into USA banned

Might be a poor 2nd hand one, but they are quite sought after in USA as only those imported before the ban there are available.

HI just picked up one of these if you want any info on them check youtube out theres loads of vids, i dont know how mutch thay are new if you can still get them but thay do hold there price as thay are getting hard to find [£120 S/H ] . no longer aloud to be inported into the US / CANADA due to kits turning them back to centrefire, the true one and dear one is the biakal makorov its a real made mack been coverted into a co2 pistol [ all metal with abs grips ] in the US thay are fetching more money than a real mack upwards of $400 , the real mack prices are crepping up to $300 as well if you can find one. you could have bought a one for $150 years ago . thay say there supost to shot at 380 fps but mine only shoots at 270 fps = 1.37 ft lbs and dont expect to hit anything over 7 yd as thay use 4.5mm bb not pellets .umarex do a copy of the biakal makarov for about £110 it will be the one you have seen for $50 in the states i expect . hope this helps

atb john

Quote Originally Posted by gibboj View Post
    HI just picked up one of these if you want any info on them check youtube out theres loads of vids, i dont know how mutch thay are new if you can still get them but thay do hold there price as thay are getting hard to find [£120 S/H ] . no longer aloud to be inported into the US / CANADA due to kits turning them back to centrefire, the true one and dear one is the biakal makorov its a real made mack been coverted into a co2 pistol [ all metal with abs grips ] in the US thay are fetching more money than a real mack upwards of $400 , the real mack prices are crepping up to $300 as well if you can find one. you could have bought a one for $150 years ago . thay say there supost to shot at 380 fps but mine only shoots at 270 fps = 1.37 ft lbs and dont expect to hit anything over 7 yd as thay use 4.5mm bb not pellets .umarex do a copy of the biakal makarov for about £110 it will be the one you have seen for $50 in the states i expect . hope this helps

atb john

Hi John,

Lucky you, how about some pics? It was the fact that it started out as a real Makarov that attracted me to it. Thought it would be more like the indestructable old-skool plinkers with it's all steel construction whilst still looking the business.
    I hear that the Umarex version is pretty shocking by comparison?
    Are you using the lead balls in yours?
    I Just fancied something 'new' that I wouldn't be afraid to blast some cans with, and the Makarov is a beaut!
    If it proves problematic to find one around here, I might go for a HW45 or even the Benjamin EB22 instead.

Best
    Gene

yeh gene i do shoot the lead bb but the last one seems to jam in the mag, its better if you put one steel bb in first but just modded mine so it could be better. if it looks and realism you want get one , if its a accurate pistol you want say away but these sort of pistol are only for plinking at 10 yd anyway [ not a true target pistol ]. there was a bbs member seeling one a couple of weeks ago in the adds for £130 [ JUST A BIT DEAR ] and it didnt sell . check out gunstar a couple on there usally.hope you can find one well worth a go THEN ALL YOU NEED IS A BLACK 3/4 LEATHER JACKET AND SOME BLACK SHADES AND YOUR THE RUSSIAN MAFIA lol

atb john

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I got one last week and I love it. Try here www.militaria.pl they do mail order and many items not generally available here.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    youtube vid here outlining differnces between old and new...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekpi3pDAB_w

Copper coated BB's are what you want to keep the jams at bay, the last lot I bought were from Protek supplies sold in bags of 1000.

Mine is the older version and was close to 400 fps last time I tried it...

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I got one last week and I love it. Try here www.militaria.pl they do mail order and many items not generally available here.
    Hi Tin'

Whats it like?
    Does it differ in any ways from the one shown on the youtube video Harvey linked to?
    Best
    Gene

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    youtube vid here outlining differnces between old and new...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekpi3pDAB_w

Copper coated BB's are what you want to keep the jams at bay, the last lot I bought were from Protek supplies sold in bags of 1000.

Mine is the older version and was close to 400 fps last time I tried it...
    Thanks Harvey, thats really useful
    Best
    Gene

Makorov

Anyone got an idea of where I can get a magazine for my Baikel MP-654K, the Polish site has no stock at present. deerwarden

for detailed info look here..

For substantial Makarov information to need to look in at the Makarov Pistol Association, here........

http://makarovpistol.myfineforum.org/index.php

Pete.

I just imported mine into the UK from Germany. 4 days door to door - excellent service and due to the EU free trade rules it doesn't need to be shipped to a Registered Firearms Dealer unlike purchasing from a UK dealer.

The Makarov is awesome - built like a tank and very easy to strip down to every single component. I've just stripped mine down to do some simple trigger polishing and Iwas amazed at just how simple the design is. You really get to appreciate the design genius of the gun when you have it in pieces. It's roughly made but the tiny number of moving parts means this is unlikely to ever fail with the exception of CO2 seals.

Highly recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by deerwarden View Post
    Anyone got an idea of where I can get a magazine for my Baikel MP-654K, the Polish site has no stock at present. deerwarden

Hi Try www. Versadhaus-Schnieder.de Hope it helps.

regards Ric