Thread: British Air Gun Championships Bisley

British Air Gun Championships Bisley

On Friday my wife and I went to spectate at the Open British Air Gun Championships that is held at Bisley over three days. Very impressed with the setup in the Lord Roberts Center with the main gallery upstairs of perhaps 60 electronic targets, screens and printouts, we also had a look at the finals hall dowstairs again impressive. Met RobinC who was there coaching his wife and fellow members of his club. He gave us a real insight into how the shooting is structured and organised - many thanks Robin!
    This is real serious fun! watched the techniques used to shoot pistol and have learnt a lot from watching, the air rifle is interesting as I did not realise how important all of the stiff outer clothing and shoes were.
    The volunteers helping run the event were very helpful and on a couple of occasions we were noticed as spectators and asked if we needed anything explained which was very welcoming and helpful.
    Now we have to practice, practice, practice as we plan to compete next year.

You must go and see this place if you possibly can.

Best cheers
    George

Lord Roberts Centre is definitely pretty impressive, I shot my aggregate matches today and am shooting in British Champs tomorrow. There are plenty of matches before next years British Open if you wanted to shoot at Bisley....ESSU, NSRA British Pistol Champs, and the BPC open and monthly club meets...
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

Yep, Robin C is one of the most helpful people in shooting. He gave me enormous help, and with his advice and coaching, I go my scores up from 160 ish per set of cards to the current 185 - 190.

Top man indeed. Hope he writes a book containing all his wisdom and experience.

Good luck on your next session Nick, hope that new pistol is giving you some good results. I am wanting to get back into it again before too long, still saving for that new pcp...
    Cheers, Mark.