Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: " Webley Tempest " ( 95% of it ? )

" Webley Tempest " ( 95% of it ? )

Hi, I bought this off here for a project, I later bought a Webley junior & made this the the one , ( A pre-charged mod )
    I have this , 90-95% all there, Good grips , Trigger in, .22. Missing cocking slide & Piston seal ( All in Pic )

Its no longer required £40 posted O.N.O Or will break,

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Hi, I bought this off here for a project, I later bought a Webley junior & made this the the one , ( A pre-charged mod )
    I have this , 90-95% all there, Good grips , Trigger in, .22. Missing cocking slide & Piston seal ( All in Pic )

Its no longer required £40 posted O.N.O Or will break,

Hi, I advertised the above, IE with a ONO/Offers Etc .
    The reason I mention this is that the " Barrel " Only is on the " Bay " for £40 starters ? ( Not mine )

I was really looking for £30 posted ! Which is what I paid off the forum . Alas No takers,
    This is an almost complete gun, All screws, Grips, ( Very good ) Etc,
    Missing only the cocking bit & the spring & Piston seal, TOO Expensive ! Must be !!!!!!!!

I bought only 2 weeks ago off the " Bay " A New Bsa Diopter rear sight with riser & elongated screw ( not the sight itself ) for £7 + £2 postage,
    This weekend the same item ( New again ) Made £20 !!!

I also bought a Bsa rear sight base ( The one with the pin ) For £10 + £2 post , I have a broken one ,
    I am guessing & Have seen the demise of the Collectible airguns on the forum as regards the prices acheived ( & Others ) But on the " Bay " with its much wider audience prices are becoming silly,

The question is " Where to sell "
    I see a number of members selling items on there & I cannot blame them,

Just a thought , Ged, PS. I have nothing to sell .

Hi Geds, I can't figure out whether you've sold these Webley .22 bits or not. You said good grips are in the package but they're not in the photo, also the trigger guard is only half of one.

Are you are offering what's there for £30 posted?

I'm also not clear what you're saying about the other stuff that you've included in your second post.

Only trying to help mate

Cheers, Mick

Hi, I advertised the above, IE with a ONO/Offers Etc .

I was really looking for £30 posted ! Which is what I paid off the forum . Alas No takers,
    This is an almost complete gun, All screws, Grips, ( Very good ) Etc,
    Missing only the cocking bit & the spring & Piston seal, TOO Expensive ! Must be !!!!!!!! .

Hi Ged,

If you are really looking for £30 posted for it then I will take it please
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

^ after everything you've said about wobbleys and you go and buy one in bits

Quote Originally Posted by micken View Post
    Hi Geds, I can't figure out whether you've sold these Webley .22 bits or not. You said good grips are in the package but they're not in the photo, also the trigger guard is only half of one.

Are you are offering what's there for £30 posted?

I'm also not clear what you're saying about the other stuff that you've included in your second post.

Only trying to help mate

Cheers, Mick
    Hi Micken & Zooma , It said on my post " I have nothing to sell "
    I bought this off a member for £30 posted ( Thanks mate ) But later picked up a Webley junior for £55 For the project, I said £40 ONO. posted assuming an offer,
    PS. A Webley Hurricane on now , Same gun ( I think )

Yes there is 2, Halves of the trigger guard Ha ha, What did you want with £7 post Included .
    I was only musing on the Benefits & Maladies of that site, As was said by a number of members " Stupid " Prices & I agree, The point I was trying to make is they are not all " Stupid " prices, There are bargains on there,

I myself have bought & Sold a number of items, I gave a couple of examples , A few more,
    A new battery for my laptop £12.50 Delivered ? ( £85 )
    A HDMI connection lead from Tablet to big Plasma TV, Looking locally 1.5 Mtrs was the longest £20 " Pick up "
    On the bay ( Yes really ) 5 Mts At only £4.25 DELIVERED > This really does turn the Tablet into a TV, U Tube, Movies, & Others , Are something else.

Now where would you sell ?
    I see many members on there , Thats up to them of course , I do the same,
    Whilst in my Collectible musings on the forum , My wanted Adverts are about 95% Unsuccesful, Why is this, As regards sale adverts, I had & still have a Mk 1 Meteor , Average condition , Shoots well , Missing rear sight of which I have 1/2 , £50 , ( This is a Mk1 ) No reply ? Whats it worth in parts on there, Or even here .

Just a thought, Ged. I have nothing to sell !
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 27-02-2014 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Pic % Info added

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Hi Micken & Zooma , It said on my post " I have nothing to sell "

.... As regards sale adverts, I had & still have a Mk 1 Meteor , Average condition , Shoots well , Missing rear sight of which I have 1/2 , £50 , ( This is a Mk1 ) No reply ? Whats it worth in parts on there, Or even here .

Just a thought, Ged. I have nothing to sell !
    Yes you do have something to sell, a Mk 1 Meteor!

Quote Originally Posted by micken View Post
    ^ after everything you've said about wobbleys and you go and buy one in bits
    I like them in bits - it saves a lot of time ...but the one I bought is not for sale

......shame really as I have the other bits to put it back together again !

I actually like Webley air pistols - it's me that makes them wobbly

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Without using quotation marks, I think that there are problems with things like this. In the past I have ended up chasing parts to complete something I have either bought cheaply or even had given to me. Somebody recently sent me some Webley pistol bits, which was appreciated, but I explained that it was not viable for me to get a working gun out of it, as there was no piston,barrel catch, grips, linkage or even a barrel band on the barrel. I did one a few years ago and it was more trouble than it was worth. Lodmoor has been bitten going down this road as well.

Parts do sometimes go on flea bay for more than they would cost to buy from Nibbs or Chambers and some are daft prices.( I know that RFD's cannot post some items.)

With the later Webley pistols, you have to weigh up the cost of the plastic bits if they are cracked,missing or broken. Often grips are present but have the plastic tangs on the insides missing. Fore ends are often cracked as are trigger guards (I wish somebody made alloy ones!). Throw in a knackered mainspring and piston washer and a "bargain" complete gun can soon cost more than a good example. A while ago I bought a Tempest off somebody who I have dealt with quite often. When it arrived, the grips had the tangs broken and the mainspring broke as soon as I tried to polish the end. It was sold in good faith and as I had planned (and costed in ) for wooden grips and was fitting a Typhoon spring, it did not really matter.

It is sad that some working guns get broken on flea bay. Sometimes things just work out right and a couple of broken guns can be made into a working one but more often than not you end up with two guns needing the same bits.
    Looking at the gun Ged has for sale, the bits would probably achieve more on flea bay (£20 + for a barrel, £10 + for a piston?), but anyone buying the gun to get working would need to find the links, link spring and pins,a piston washer, maybe a fore end? and a trigger guard.

I think both buyers and sellers need to consider these factors when doing a deal.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

well im 95% confused ;nothing new there though
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Without using quotation marks, I think that there are problems with things like this. In the past I have ended up chasing parts to complete something I have either bought cheaply or even had given to me. Somebody recently sent me some Webley pistol bits, which was appreciated, but I explained that it was not viable for me to get a working gun out of it, as there was no piston,barrel catch, grips, linkage or even a barrel band on the barrel. I did one a few years ago and it was more trouble than it was worth. Lodmoor has been bitten going down this road as well.

Parts do sometimes go on flea bay for more than they would cost to buy from Nibbs or Chambers and some are daft prices.( I know that RFD's cannot post some items.)

With the later Webley pistols, you have to weigh up the cost of the plastic bits if they are cracked,missing or broken. Often grips are present but have the plastic tangs on the insides missing. Fore ends are often cracked as are trigger guards (I wish somebody made alloy ones!). Throw in a knackered mainspring and piston washer and a "bargain" complete gun can soon cost more than a good example. A while ago I bought a Tempest off somebody who I have dealt with quite often. When it arrived, the grips had the tangs broken and the mainspring broke as soon as I tried to polish the end. It was sold in good faith and as I had planned (and costed in ) for wooden grips and was fitting a Typhoon spring, it did not really matter.

It is sad that some working guns get broken on flea bay. Sometimes things just work out right and a couple of broken guns can be made into a working one but more often than not you end up with two guns needing the same bits.
    Looking at the gun Ged has for sale, the bits would probably achieve more on flea bay (£20 + for a barrel, £10 + for a piston?), but anyone buying the gun to get working would need to find the links, link spring and pins,a piston washer, maybe a fore end? and a trigger guard.

I think both buyers and sellers need to consider these factors when doing a deal.

I agree entirely with ggggr , ( Apart from the use of quotations , probably having a little go at me , He might be right , & He is my mate & thats why he worded it that way )
    & Not wishing to prolong this , How much was it worth ? IE No offer made, Remember I offered to break it. You only buy the bits you need ,
    Lets say £20 Barrel & cocking link , Frame £20 , Piston £8 , Trigger & all pins & screws & pins £10, V good grips with screws £10 All posted .
    Either this or The Webley meteor , Mk 1 Remember , ( If your going to rebuild a Meteor ) It has to be this one,

As was said, Buying parts can be difficult & Expensive,
    I myself buy parts I do not need , Especially sight parts if I have the remainder , Remember these items especially the plastic Bsa sights will never be available again ,
    Copies yes , But!!!!

To conclude !
    I have bought Webley service rifles for £12, Crosman 140,s for £4 , Etc Etc
    The Webley Hurricane parts are still on the " Bay " Sorry ggggr Ha ha.

Look at the prices peoples are willing to pay, Its not what you or I or even members think ,This is their worth on the open market , & Thats all that really matters when your buying & Or selling
    Do you think, Want or need that part, Buy a whole gun for it & sell on the rest ? I do not know , ggggr do not get on to me again , I am old.

Ged.
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 28-02-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I have a headache now I think your comment hit it Mick.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I think it means that Ged is surprised that a collection of Webley pistol bits, advertised at a reasonable price here on the BBS, failed to arouse the interest of any of the BBS members and remained unsold - while over on Channel (E)Bay, examples of Webley pistol parts are being sold for very high prices.

Why would one lot of people pass up a bargain, while another lot pay over the odds for the same thing?

It's a flippin' mystery.

I can only think that there are fewer potential buyers on the BBS, and that they are more canny (see Guy's post) than those on (E)Bay.

The second mystery is why Ged doesn't just flog the bits on (E)Bay and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I think it means that Ged is surprised that a collection of Webley pistol bits, advertised at a reasonable price here on the BBS, failed to arouse the interest of any of the BBS members and remained unsold - while over on Channel (E)Bay, examples of Webley pistol parts are being sold for very high prices.

The reasonable prices aroused my interest - that's why I bought it. .or I thought I did

Why would one lot of people pass up a bargain, while another lot pay over the odds for the same thing?

I did not pass it up

It's a flippin' mystery.

You are 100% right there

I can only think that there are fewer potential buyers on the BBS, and that they are more canny (see Guy's post) than those on (E)Bay.

I am not canny - just a regular BBS buyer.

The second mystery is why Ged doesn't just flog the bits on (E)Bay and be done with it.
    ..Ah now - you got me there !