Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: " Webley Tempest " ( 95% of it ? )

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    ..Ah now - you got me there !
    The original post says it was for sale for £40, if you offered to buy it then my mind has crumbled trying to work out what it all means.

Its a BBS Mystery and may never be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Hi Ged,

If you are really looking for £30 posted for it then I will take it please

I thought it was yours Mr zooma, it should be.

You even said please.

All the best Mick

I'm the one who sold the 'project Tempest' to Ged for £30 posted!

Ged - If you're selling it on to Zooma (Bob) for £30 posted - Good on ya Another enthusiast, who will likely make something of it, rather than try to make a tenner by selling the bits on fleabay

Selling stuff in bits often looks good - but in my experience (with motorcycle bits) - you sell some parts, but often get left with half of it

However, I once bought an incomplete SP370, missing the top end of the engine (and quite a few other bits, once I'd examined it closely).
    After trying to get a top end (and carb) for months, I gave up and broke it
    My God, I made some money!
    The bike was a US import, I guess from a warm state, because the 'unobtainable' exhaust system was minty!
    I made more than my money back on just the exhaust
    Then sold the chrome clocks with ignition, fuel cap & matching lock set - for a packet.
    Petrol tank.
    Forks.
    Wheels.
    Wiring harness.
    Headlight & tail light.
    Discovered the canister rear shocks were a fancy aftermarket pair, so they fetched loads of cash
    Frame with logbook went next.
    Finally sold the bottom engine + a box of bits to a bike breaker for a few more quid.
    Come to think of it, I still have the plastic side panels, which are prolly worth £40

Please note: I don't think an SP370 is included in Ged's sale!!

ATB - Phil

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Forks.
    Wheels.
    Wiring harness.
    Headlight & tail light.
    Discovered the canister rear shocks were a fancy aftermarket pair, so they fetched loads of cash
    Frame with logbook went next.
    Finally sold the bottom engine + a box of bits to a bike breaker for a few more quid.
    Come to think of it, I still have the plastic side panels, which are prolly worth £40

Please note: I don't think an SP370 is included in Ged's sale!!

ATB - Phil
    I'll have the SP370 please. Making a cafe racer so don't need the front shocks or tank. Did you say a tenner?

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I'll have the SP370 please. Making a cafe racer so don't need the front shocks or tank. Did you say a tenner?
    Cafe Racer! That is so cool... I'll give you £60 for it

Unless it's based on a BSA Bantam, in which case I'll give you nothing for it.

Crappy postman's bikes...

Cafe Racer! That is so cool... I'll give you £60 for it

Unless it's based on a BSA Bantam, in which case I'll give you nothing for it.

Crappy postman's bikes...
    Frame's a custom job made in the shed based on the Featherbed but made of shower-curtain tubing to give better performance in the wet. I'll have to get it back of (E)bay and it needs the 370 lump or a 400 fitting to make it go forward. Its on there for a grand but no takers yet so count yourself lucky its not for sale.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 28-02-2014 at 05:42 PM.

Frame's a custom job made in the shed based on the Featherbed but made of shower-curtain tubing to give better performance in the wet. I'll have to get it back of (E)bay and it needs the 370 lump or a 400 fitting to make it go forward. Its on there for a grand but no takers yet so count yourself lucky its not for sale.
    Suggest a 500cc Rotax engine, or the Suzuki 650cc single that CCM pinched for their smaller enduro / super-motard machine

Sadly, I'll have to pull out of the sale, because I've just read that my dog might need an operation one day

But good luck with it!

Sadly, I'll have to pull out of the sale, because I've just read that my dog might need an operation one day

But good luck with it!
    I didn't sell you that dog, and no, you can't have your money back for it. Because I've put all the fivers on (E)bay with a Buy It Now of a tenner - had to as the car's broken, shouldn't have tried using the engine in the Featherbed, you might have told me you had a spare Rotax and wouldn't have needed to try it. Thanks all the same but I don't like pistols.

I didn't sell you that dog, and no, you can't have your money back for it. Because I've put all the fivers on (E)bay with a Buy It Now of a tenner - had to as the car's broken, shouldn't have tried using the engine in the Featherbed, you might have told me you had a spare Rotax and wouldn't have needed to try it. Thanks all the same but I don't like pistols.
    Well, I think we're going to have to 'agree to disagree' on that one, Alistair.

This has been an altogether 'lousy' experience, which I'm willing to put down to experience.

Love - Phil

My apologies guys, opened a can of worms here, but .....

it's been genuinely worth it, just got back from work, opened a beer, read this lot and pmsl.

Keep up the good work.