Thread: FAS AR611 Match air rifle

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

FAS AR611 Match air rifle

Being actively involved in coaching young people at 10 mt match Air rifle I am always aware that there is a shortage of good Junior match level 10 mt PCP's particularly light ones suitable for the earlier age groups 12 to 13, just the age we want to catch them.
    Having worked through the lighter and budget ones that are available I have been singularly un impressed, leaving only the excelent Walther LG 300 Junior as the first PCP worth using but that is expensive. I have now had a good look and a play with the FAS AR611 which is well made, is nicely ballanced, is light, has a really nice trigger, reasonable sights, a good stock, and is only lacking in a dry fire ability, which we could live with, and an adjustable butt plate which is easy to resolve, and it sells for £800.
    I have to admit to being impressed, and would be interested in hearing input on the FAS AR 611 only, from any one who has one, and does shoot ten metres match, I'm not interested in the FT version which I know they make, or any other make which some one favours, just the FAS please.
    Thanks.
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

NSRA Aldersley have a demonstrator of a 10m 'specced' QB76 in their site shop.
    Might be worth giving them a ring, as it's designed to be a light/youth starter 10m gun.
    Nothing in his pockets except knives and lint.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    No Thanks
    Any one have a FAS AR611?
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?