Thread: Rohm Twinmaster Trainer.

Rohm Twinmaster Trainer.

Hi Folks,

I can get one of these in std. combi grip form with 3 x 8 pellet magazines and case .... brand new for 345€.

Can someone quickly give me the pro's and con's of this model.

I was originally looking for a Twinmaster Top if this helps in your deliberations.

I like the idea of the accuracy for 10m target shooting, but also the versatility of the multi shot magazine.

But the CO2 side of things is unknown to me????

Can you help?

cheers

stuart
    .......~ ~
    ....-(@ @)-
    ooO-(__)-Ooo

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I've had a couple. They're good guns, look nice and are very accurate. The single action is good and the double is adequate. You do have to remove a plastic cover to access the hammer for single though, which does rather detract from the looks!

Also, this is the only Twinmaster CO2 that can't be changed to HPA at a later date.
    if its being compared to the usual CO2 multi shot pistols its in a different league, if its for 10m I'd look again.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I've had a couple. They're good guns, look nice and are very accurate. The single action is good and the double is adequate. You do have to remove a plastic cover to access the hammer for single though, which does rather detract from the looks!

Also, this is the only Twinmaster CO2 that can't be changed to HPA at a later date.
    if its being compared to the usual CO2 multi shot pistols its in a different league, if its for 10m I'd look again.
    Cheers Tinbum. By being in a different league are you saying that they are much inferior to the multi shot???? I do not think I will be doing any competition shooting at 10m..... I am into FT for that fun.... Perhaps you could tell me what you did with yours and this may help me with a decision.

My main fear is shooting out to say 20m just for fun.... is CO2 capable of this???

Thanks again

Stuart
    .......~ ~
    ....-(@ @)-
    ooO-(__)-Ooo

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcanara View Post
    Cheers Tinbum. By being in a different league are you saying that they are much inferior to the multi shot???? I do not think I will be doing any competition shooting at 10m..... I am into FT for that fun.... Perhaps you could tell me what you did with yours and this may help me with a decision.

My main fear is shooting out to say 20m just for fun.... is CO2 capable of this???

Thanks again

Stuart

By different league I meant much better. Much, much, much better!

I used mine for precision plinking and rapid fire can popping. I also had a Rohm TCR (google it) which was an awesome piece of kit and huge fun!

Put a red dot or scope on and 20m is no problem, I had a reflex holographic on the TCR which was good for 30m+. No power, but plenty accurate. The power can get up to around 5fpe with tinkering.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Cheers ...that has helped a lot. Is 345€ a good price for brand new (I think the Armeria has had it for 2 years) that would be about £284 at today's rate????

cheers stuart
    .......~ ~
    ....-(@ @)-
    ooO-(__)-Ooo

I have the top, and for general fun, its very accurate on single action, the power can be upped quite a bit on the air version, although I have dropped mine to bring the trigger back to standard.
    I think the trigger is very long on double action, but I guess its what you are used to.
    Had a red-dot on mine when I bought it.

Im now using it for 10m air pistol, and its as accurate as I am. Single action single stage trigger is possibly the only thing that lets it down here, you have to be very direct with the trigger to do a good shot, and this can lead to you pulling a shot, or if your not direct, just hanging onto the trigger waiting for it to go off, and being up in the air too long.

For a plinking CO2 multishot, I would buy a umerex with the 8? shot rotary mag, probably cheaper, and better double action trigger, more fun.
    Thanks - Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgeoff View Post
    I have the top, and for general fun, its very accurate on single action, the power can be upped quite a bit on the air version, although I have dropped mine to bring the trigger back to standard.
    I think the trigger is very long on double action, but I guess its what you are used to.
    Had a red-dot on mine when I bought it.

Im now using it for 10m air pistol, and its as accurate as I am. Single action single stage trigger is possibly the only thing that lets it down here, you have to be very direct with the trigger to do a good shot, and this can lead to you pulling a shot, or if your not direct, just hanging onto the trigger waiting for it to go off, and being up in the air too long.

For a plinking CO2 multishot, I would buy a umerex with the 8? shot rotary mag, probably cheaper, and better double action trigger, more fun.
    Thanks Geoff,

My original thoughts on the Top.... was that I liked the idea of having a quality target pistol and as I was not going to compete with it, did not necessarily need the single shot option. So to have this and the ability for fun with the multi shot option on the Twinmaster Top seemed fantastic. It was while researching this that the Twinmaster Trainer came up and this seemed a good option too. But The CO2 side of things was unknown to me.

The trouble is with my requirements.... I want the ability to target shoot (10M at home) I want the fun of multi shot plinking, and I want the ability to despatch the odd snake and rat that seem to like living with me in my Spanish home.

Well there it is.... Utopia... and it seems it is nearly available with the TW Top.... but the Trainer came up as such a good deal I wanted peoples thoughts on the CO2 side of things????

Of course if I was loaded i would probably by the Steyr LP50 or some such thing of beauty.... but that is only a dream I think

Thank you for your thoughts.... any more out there are most welcome.... I may only have a short time to make a decision on the Twinmaster Trainer.... so any help is most gratefully received.

Cheers All

Stuart
    .......~ ~
    ....-(@ @)-
    ooO-(__)-Ooo

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Like you, I rather liked the look of the Rohm Trainer and owned one for a short while before moving it on...for what it's worth, I'll offer my opinion:
    - Triggers are crap in single action and not even close to match grade.
    - Double action is ok (but no good for precision), but why would you want it? if you want a D/A gun - buy a S&W (much more fun)
    - Composite grips are awful and the most uncomfortable I've ever tried.
    - 8 shot mags are annoying - too many for 5 shot targets and too few for 10 shot strings.
    - Single shot adaptor is crap as well and prone to falling out in use
    - Power is non-adjustable and a tad low.
    - Finish is very difficult to keep clean and prone to staining.
    - Spares back-up was (not sure if its the same importer) diabolical and possibly hasn't improved as the last I heard was that they had stopped making all air and CO2 guns.

My advice: steer clear and save your money - if you want a decent CO2 gun with a good trigger without breaking the bank, find a nice Tau 7 or Brno Aeron.
    If you want a multi-shot CO2 fun gun, buy a S&W...

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Like you, I rather liked the look of the Rohm Trainer and owned one for a short while before moving it on...for what it's worth, I'll offer my opinion:
    - Triggers are crap in single action and not even close to match grade.
    - Double action is ok (but no good for precision), but why would you want it? if you want a D/A gun - buy a S&W (much more fun)
    - Composite grips are awful and the most uncomfortable I've ever tried.
    - 8 shot mags are annoying - too many for 5 shot targets and too few for 10 shot strings.
    - Single shot adaptor is crap as well and prone to falling out in use
    - Power is non-adjustable and a tad low.
    - Finish is very difficult to keep clean and prone to staining.
    - Spares back-up was (not sure if its the same importer) diabolical and possibly hasn't improved as the last I heard was that they had stopped making all air and CO2 guns.

My advice: steer clear and save your money - if you want a decent CO2 gun with a good trigger without breaking the bank, find a nice Tau 7 or Brno Aeron.
    If you want a multi-shot CO2 fun gun, buy a S&W...
    Well that sorts that one then....

It's back to the Twinmaster Top again.....??

Thanks for all your help guys

Stuart
    .......~ ~
    ....-(@ @)-
    ooO-(__)-Ooo