Thread: Greener air Rifle.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I found 2 for sale - might have been 3- while looking for info.
    All £1100 ish

Quote Originally Posted by battyone View Post
    I found 2 for sale - might have been 3- while looking for info.
    All £1100 ish
    I fear you don't mean all 3 for £1100....
    Shocking

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    I fear you don't mean all 3 for £1100....
    Shocking
    No!!! one is up for £1195

So £550 a little broken is almost a good deal???

Certainly not a good deal. Ones in good original condition I've seen have been between £450 and £600 retail - the latter from a shop known to be expensive. Even if that one was repaired it won't be worth as much as if it hadn't been damaged in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by ashf9999 View Post
    Certainly not a good deal. Ones in good original condition I've seen have been between £450 and £600 retail - the latter from a shop known to be expensive. Even if that one was repaired it won't be worth as much as if it hadn't been damaged in the first place.
    I suppose you're right and it's all well and good shops asking over a grand, whether they get it is another matter???

Although how do you put a price on a greener when no one knows how many they made??? One history I saw this morning suggested they'd knock a few airguns out when they had no shotguns to work on.

Saw some nice old pictures of Birmingham in the 60's before they knocked it all down and built the bullring.

Although how do you put a price on a greener when no one knows how many they made??? One history I saw this morning suggested they'd knock a few airguns out when they had no shotguns to work on.

Mine is No. 824. I seem to remember reading that they'd made about 860, staggering into the 1960s, despite the naked front end and general stock shape suggesting something prewar.

Prices can easily get unrealistically high when guns are bought at auction and buyers' premium and VAT only make them dearer, not better.

Unfortunately once something appears in print it tends to become regarded as gospel and can form the basis for research, the more so when a relatively small demand ensures no second edition with the opportunity to correct previous mistakes.

ATVB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .