Thread: Time to call time and retire from being a mod …

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you for your help and dedication to the cause, Gareth.

I hope you enjoy it even more as a "punter".

All the best,

Tone.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Sorry to hear you are hanging up your Mod "Parka" (terrible pun I know!) Gareth.

You have always been very much on the ball and from what I have seen very fair when you have had to intervene. Also very welcoming of new members. I have lost count of the number of welcome messages you have initiated over the years and the help you have freely given. You have certainly set the bar very high and will be a hard act to follow.

Hope you will have a little more time to lurk in the Gentleman's Corner, as I think you named the Collector's section of the BBS.

John and Jo

Hi Gareth I don't know how you found the time but best wishes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

A definite up-side of resigning, however, is that after the 7th, I will never again have to venture into the Members Only area unless I actually want to, and can’t see that happening any time soon ().
    Yep, a definite up-side . Thanks for everything. Cheers: Charlie.

Thanks for all your hard work, Gareth. With that sort of time commitment, I'm not surprised you felt the need to step down. It sounds positively punishing. Wouldn't the 'powers that be' be better off enabling six trustworthy bods to do 30 mins each than one do three hours, if that sort of dedication is required? What actually takes three hours, I wonder? Would an extensive list of FAQs cut down on enquiries, perhaps?

I think another book on mods (this time of the BBS kind) should be forthcoming.
    Last edited by Garvin; 02-03-2014 at 11:08 PM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.