Thread: Time to call time and retire from being a mod …

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I always thought it must have been some committment modding here, but I didn't expect 3 hours a day, which is an awful chunk out of your life.
    It is very much appreciated, have a good retirement.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Well done and thanks for all the hard work.

Enjoy the 'after mod' - I wonder how long the moderator reflex will take to die off?

Hi Gareth,

I would just like to add my appreciation to that already expressed for the time and commitment you have selflessly volunteered to help this forum remain the success that it has become. As with football referees etc, the mark of a good moderator is that they remain largely invisible until needed to mediate or enforce the rules without which we would not have the polite (largely) sensible and useful resource we have today.

Try to devote the additional free time to something you will enjoy rather than to the benefit of others for a change.

Regards

Brian

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Gentlemen, I am genuinely touched by all your kind words. Many thanks. Going off line now, however, as I have a set of chalk animal targets to decimate at my plinking range.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    About bloody time

Only joking!

Now lets get Alistair doing the job and we can rename it the collectable FWB 124/127 sport section

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Sorry to see you go ,you will be sadly missed by many,best of luck for the future and kind regards

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    The end of an era, but hopefully the beginning of another of good sensible comment about fine old Webleys, BSAs and like gentlemanly pursuits

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

all good things come to an end they say ;and the success of the forum is in no small way attributable to a light but firm touch!! had my wrist slapped once or twice "enjoyed it to" shame to see you retire but that was a substantial commitment by any ones standards,all the best for the future .
    regds bob.
    ps-great idea pete no stopping us now how about making it mandatory to own a 124/7 s to even be allowed to sign into collectables;seems reasonable enough.
    Last edited by red bob; 02-03-2014 at 03:02 PM.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Bye, Mr Gareth as a mod, a gentleman moderator, sensible and just.

Welcome to the rest of us loonies.

lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    About bloody time

Only joking!

Now lets get Alistair doing the job and we can rename it the collectable FWB 124/127 sport section

Pete
    I can talk the prices up as much as I like as a free agent, but joining the Night's Watch would mean I would have to declare my interests or be branded on the arse if I transgressed the Honour Code. I'm still not even sure I like the Feinwerkbau Sport, just spent way too much on my one to consider selling it!

Thanks for your hard work Gareth.

Thanks for all you've done, Gareth.

I hope you get to keep the suit and perhaps get occasional access to the orgasmatron button.

Good luck, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I can talk the prices up as much as I like as a free agent, but joining the Night's Watch would mean I would have to declare my interests or be branded on the arse if I transgressed the Honour Code. I'm still not even sure I like the Feinwerkbau Sport, just spent way too much on my one to consider selling it!
    Poor excuse Alistair

Anyway if I'm not mistaken I'm damn sure it was Gareth who got the collectors section up and running, so we all owe him a big thankyou for that as well as guarding it.

I wish you all the luck in your retirement.

ATB

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Poor excuse Alistair

Anyway if I'm not mistaken I'm damn sure it was Gareth who got the collectors section up and running, so we all owe him a big thankyou for that as well as guarding it.

I wish you all the luck in your retirement.

ATB

Pete
    You are, Pete. It was Baz, after lobbying from lots of us anoraky types.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.