Thread: Sharp Innova barrel change

Sharp Innova barrel change

Does anyone on this esteemed forum know if it is possible to get the barrel out of the plastic bolt mechanism of a Sharp Innova? The plastic is broken where the stock bolt and the clamping plate that holds the tube in place goes. I have a donor barrel and action but it is .22 and I would like to keep with .177. Also who is the best supplier of seal kits etc?

Ormicron

I had a similar problem, after a loaned a rifle out I heated the barrel, near the breech and it came out. Others may have a more scientific way or removing it.

Innova

Strip the action till it's just the barrel & block I put mine in a pan of boiling hot water wait a few mins & gently twist & pull apart.

Steve

Got my seal kit of biker bob or try knibbs / chambers

Cheers will have a go!

Ormicron

It's all in bits now! Came apart a treat, what do I use to glue the barrel back in? Who is biker Bob?

Regards Ormicron

Innova

I used araldite but be careful not to block the port. Put a pen mark at 180 degrees to the port & test fit first marking off how far it goes in, I had a problem like this from not getting the barrel far enough back when refitting & it just blew back past the probe seal. Don't put glue far back on the barrel when pushing it into the block.

Good luck

Steve

Biker bob is a member on here, he was selling a lot of innova parts a short while ago.

Thanks for the advice, nothing like first hand experience.

Regards Ormicron

Or someone else's mistakes good luck

Well it's together, waiting for the glue to set. Used the stem of a drill to locate the hole.