Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stutzen wanted

Stutzen wanted

Looking for a Stutzen , I know RWS /Diana still do them and think Gamo do too but wondering how the old BSA Stutzen compare with the RWS , hoping to find a .177 but will consider .22 .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Stutzen

Price is the big decider.I've got a .22 with the box in very good condition.
    I'm in no hurry to sell but if you'r over this way call in and have a go!
    atb Glyn

Personally I would go for the BSA, used obviously. Even as new in box will cost less than a new exemplar of either Gamo or Diana's offerings, but that is not the main reason for choosing a BSA. The main reason is that they are better guns in terms of what someone wanting a Stutzen generally expects and desires.

To that end I would even prefer a taploader to an RB2.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    Personally I would go for the BSA, used obviously. Even as new in box will cost less than a new exemplar of either Gamo or Diana's offerings, but that is not the main reason for choosing a BSA. The main reason is that they are better guns in terms of what someone wanting a Stutzen generally expects and desires.

To that end I would even prefer a taploader to an RB2.
    I agree,I have a .22 BSA Stutzen tap loader and personally think the build quality is much better.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Search on here there was a Diana for sale very recently, and also a Gamo

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    Just found the Diana 430 Stutzen £375 Im pretty sure they were £340 last year at the shooting show new .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    Cant find the Gamo though !

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
    Price is the big decider.I've got a .22 with the box in very good condition.
    I'm in no hurry to sell but if you'r over this way call in and have a go!
    atb Glyn
    Interested Glyn if you do come up with a price , I ride down in your area frequently in the summer on weekend rideouts .

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    Just found the Diana 430 Stutzen £375 Im pretty sure they were £340 last year at the shooting show new .
    Around £430 to £540 from those that stock them in the UK. BAR advertise them at £399 but are out of stock, so no doubt their price will rise if and when they get them back in again.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

anyone know if all the Diana Stutzens are short stroked or is there a variation of the model ?

stutzen wanted.

what about a original mod 50 underlever, an early stutzen style variation with long woodwork and underlever . this is a sought after collectors piece, and at £350 including 3 x 9 x40AO Centerpoint Scope. 9/10 condition. a must for all you collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by zedman164 View Post
    what about a original mod 50 underlever, an early stutzen style variation with long woodwork and underlever . this is a sought after collectors piece, and at £350 including 3 x 9 x40AO Centerpoint Scope. 9/10 condition. a must for all you collectors.
    Thanks but Im thinning my collection out just fancied a stutzen its stock is the ultimate sporter for me , might do a game fair Midland perhaps and see whats there in person .

I own both Stutzens, the Diana 46 and the Bsa Stutzen. I love my BSA.s but for me the Diana is the better gun Stylish, powerful and very accurate, get the Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by fat man View Post
    I own both Stutzens, the Diana 46 and the Bsa Stutzen. I love my BSA.s but for me the Diana is the better gun Stylish, powerful and very accurate, get the Diana.
    Perhaps you can clear a few things about the Diana ones , the 430 for sale on here was described as short stroked and not easy to cock , what are the models currently available from new in UK and how do they differ , I don't want to spend my money for looks to find I don't like using it and as Diana rfd,s in my area don't stock them it would have to be by ordering in .
    Does the model 46 feature fore end cap ?

I cant comment on the 430 has havent shot one but the 46 stutzen is easy for me to cock and I have a knackerd left hand and an arm heald together wih bolts and plates, if by cap you meen a scnabel tip yes it dose.