Thread: changed my s410 tdr and still not sure

changed my s410 tdr and still not sure

changed my s410 tdr and still not sure iv done the right thing

since holding a bsa r10 at a local shop iv allways fancy'd one ant this week i got offerd one with loads of kit so couldnt refuse

i then sold the tdr

the bsa is nice to shoot and i do enjoy using it and i still like it alot
    but i cant get my tdr out of my head

what are your thoughts

cheers J

Bit late now isn't it bud
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

I sold my s410 to get a mk2 r10 and haven't had any regrets.

tdr

I have i tdr....but wouldnt want a bsa,hope to have the reg fitted soon

I have a TDR, had been unhappy with it ever since I got it (brought it second hand), power curve seemed immense, and really under powered too, didn't have a chrono to check it so put it down to the 20cm air cylinder being far too small. Was seriously thinking of getting rid, but I loved the look and feel of it. Had been toying with the idea of getting a daystate air ranger as they look so sweet, but In the end I decided to just spend some more money on it, to replace the air cylinder for a longer one and fit a reg. As I would need a chrono to tune it after the work, I went out and brought one, couldn't believe the results I got from checking the rifle before starting any work. At its recommended filling pressure of 190bar, I was getting 2.5ft/lb and when it got down to 100bar its was putting out 6ft/lb. This explained all the problems I had been having. I have since done all the work, and have got it to 11ft/lb and although I have just been firing it straight into a pellet trap whilst tuning, the difference in power is awesome, I'm surprised I hadn't simply "felt" the extent of the problem before. I have a problematic air leak, still to be rectified (see my other post if you have any recommendations) but I don't think I'm going to be regretting my decision to invest more money on it rather than trading it in. They are fantastic little rifles, and if it will now perform as well as I hope it will, then I honestly don't think you could find a better rifle for hunting. My next project is to make a new stock, so that I can have a longer accessory rail to go under the longer air cylinder, a better fitting pistol grip (moulded to my own hand), and a better fitting cheek piece (moulded to my own face, and help rebalance the rifle after extending the air cylinder and forestock). I think of my rifle as an extension of my body, and whilst I'm personalising the tdr to fit my own needs, it may not be the best thing for someone else. I'm assuming you got rid of yours as there was something not quite right for you, and if you are feeling the same now about your new rifle then perhaps that one isn't right either. Perhaps the best thing you could do is try and get to use a variety of rifles to find the one that feels right, and then work from there to perfect it. Don't look back, you got rid of it for a reason, just trade upwards until to find "the one"