Thread: Walther lgr match rifle. new home.

Walther lgr match rifle. new home.

I have a walther lgr match rifle . never got round to using it, would like to pass it on to a target club or the like. obviously I would like something for it, but I don't know what its worth. mine is in pristine condition in a walther logo black gun case. much appreciate any advice or guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by zedman164 View Post
    I have a walther lgr match rifle . never got round to using it, would like to pass it on to a target club or the like. obviously I would like something for it, but I don't know what its worth. mine is in pristine condition in a walther logo black gun case. much appreciate any advice or guidance.
    Hi there, if as stated the rifle is in perfect condition, i would say £250...Possibly even a bit more...

I would go a bit higher.

If it is in very good condition, and has the original Walther sights, then £300 to £350.

I have an LGR, and a fine rifle it is to.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

£250 is probably a starting point for a good LGR Match. The Match Universal will command a slightly higher base price, probably another £40-50.

Correct sights are essential IMO, whilst the various accessories will all add to the gun's attractiveness and value.

Most will be found with a selection of front sight elements, and later versions also came with an anti-glare tube for the rear diopter. The supplied barrel pull through and Walther "special tool" are nice additions.

Even with little use the seals will degrade and may require replacement. A full set costs around £50 and may need to be factored in to the asking price if the originals are still fitted.

If/when you decide to sell try and take some good quality photos. With a pristine example they allow prospective buyers to see the quality, whilst many Walther's also have nicely figured stocks which makes them even more desireable.

Happy shooting.