Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oldest HW80

Hw80

Following an email from Weihrauch. Ser No 900182 was delivered in 1981..Rifle now ready for full makeover. Mach 1.5

MAG imported R1's into the UK and explained they did this because they could not get HW80's, they imported around 30 or so and fitted HW35 springs to them to reduce the power.

This was 1981....so i have no clue what was first LOL

I have a real old one here, barrel was rusty though so was swapped, early 1981 manufacture, if i can find the barrel again I will post up the serial no

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    MAG imported R1's into the UK and explained they did this because they could not get HW80's, they imported around 30 or so and fitted HW35 springs to them to reduce the power.

This was 1981....so i have no clue what was first LOL
    Hi Tony

According to Dr Beeman the HW80 came first.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....12#post6294012

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi Tony

According to Dr Beeman the HW80 came first.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....12#post6294012

All the best Mick
    I know, BUT Alan at MAG was insistent they could only get the HW80 by importing R1's and did so for around 3 months before they could get stock of EU HW80

And remember Alan and Graham knew Dr Beeman, they went out to see him etc, so there may be more to the story than you think

The 'problem'-that is if you regard it as a problem is that barrels and actions are totally interchangeable so anything we encounter today may have 2 serial numbers, 1 serial number or----you guessed it, no serial number at all. What fun!!
    As a side issue does anyone know when HC became the 'official' importer of HW rifles into the UK? Not that it matters much except for those who think evidence of paying full price for an 'authorised' import is a guarantee of quality and proudly advertise their rifle 'with HC stamp' or similar wording when selling it. Personally I couldn't care less where it originates: condition and specification are all that matter to me. Any maintenance required can be done by anyone with a reasonable knowledge of tools and the warranty is pretty much unnecessary unless the owner is a total novice.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Please add to the list;

1371914 delivered in Nov. 1994. (Hull Cartridge verified by email)

Thanks