Thread: air arms tx200 custom/ft stock

air arms tx200 custom/ft stock

Where is best place to find custom/ft stocks for a tx200 all sensible suggestions very welcome. Have seen some really nice ones at ft events, when you ask people they willingly tell you where it came from but the individuals who make them seem to have packed it in or are impossible to contact.

Picked up my stock yesterday from Warren Edwards, Very nice bloke, and he makes extremely good stocks, I am adding some extra coats of finish at the moment ( My preference) can.t wait to shoot it.

tx200 custom stocks

How do you get in touch with Warren Edwards.

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Picked up my stock yesterday from Warren Edwards, Very nice bloke, and he makes extremely good stocks, I am adding some extra coats of finish at the moment ( My preference) can.t wait to shoot it.
    Any pics Nick?? Been thinking of ordering one for a while now

I will get it finished , and add the butt hook then put some pictures up, Warren can be contacted on shooting the breeze or by text message, I will pm contact details.

tx200 custom stock

Many thanks NickG
    Regards Kassak

Sorry Nick, missed your reply! Look forward to seeing picks. I have his number!

Cheers
    B

Here's a laminate stock for a TX from Warren (just with standard lacquer coat from Warren)

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/yg0oo3v9n...MGb14ThEYOrKya

Couple of things to be aware of.. when having one made for your TX, it's best to let Warren have your action for a few days so he can make it a perfect fit. Depends on what you believe, but I believe stock to action fit on a springer can be vital.

If you're going for laminate, it's a heavy old lump of wood! (my scoped TX weighs 16lb, but I have added about half a pound of lead to the stock).

If you have a short stroked TX, Warren won't need to cut into the front of the hamster.

Warren's a top bloke, sometimes a bit disorganised and difficult to get hold of - remember he's just a one man outfit making stocks in his garage as more of a favour than a business.

Oh and the ball joint cheek piece adjuster is a worthwhile upgrade because it means you're able to get a perfect head position, which is very important for a springer in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
    Here's a laminate stock for a TX from Warren (just with standard lacquer coat from Warren)

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/yg0oo3v9n...MGb14ThEYOrKya

Couple of things to be aware of.. when having one made for your TX, it's best to let Warren have your action for a few days so he can make it a perfect fit. Depends on what you believe, but I believe stock to action fit on a springer can be vital.

If you're going for laminate, it's a heavy old lump of wood! (my scoped TX weighs 16lb, but I have added about half a pound of lead to the stock).

If you have a short stroked TX, Warren won't need to cut into the front of the hamster.

Warren's a top bloke, sometimes a bit disorganised and difficult to get hold of - remember he's just a one man outfit making stocks in his garage as more of a favour than a business.

Oh and the ball joint cheek piece adjuster is a worthwhile upgrade because it means you're able to get a perfect head position, which is very important for a springer in my opinion.

Lovely looking stock, is it a black and orange colour ?

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy View Post
    Lovely looking stock, is it a black and orange colour ?

Mark.
    There's a few colours in there - slate grey, black and a bit of an orangey colour too. I had to wait 3 months for it to arrive from the states but it was worth the wait.