Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idiots

Idiots

Just been cutting the grass and seen a police chopper fly over and hover a few miles from mine, found out armed response was out look for two d***heads running around a housing estate will air rifles. It's near do wells like this that are giving the responsible ones a bad name. It makes me think that licensing might be a good idea even though it's a tall order with the amount out there but it stops people like this buying air rifles from shops. I know you get them secondhand but it's a start

Quote Originally Posted by Dan18 View Post
    Just been cutting the grass and seen a police chopper fly over and hover a few miles from mine, found out armed response was out look for two d***heads running around a housing estate will air rifles. It's near do wells like this that are giving the responsible ones a bad name. It makes me think that licensing might be a good idea even though it's a tall order with the amount out there but it stops people like this buying air rifles from shops. I know you get them secondhand but it's a start
    The license won't stop idiots mate..., idiots are idiots licensed or not!!! What it will do is give you and all other good airgun enthusiasts a massive ball ache!!

Law breakers break the law..., so it won't do jiff for the law breakers out there because the are breaking the law anyway!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

How do you know that the weapons were air rifles?.

Properly right mate about the law breakers and a friend of mine went outside where this was happening and got told to go back in by the police because two men are walking around with air rifles

My 2 P Worth

I really do not think that licencing is the answer to this problem.

Several years ago hand gun owners were banned from owning hand guns in order to reduce hand gun crime. Now the only people that own hand guns are the criminals and they don't seem to mind that it is illegal and also please note that gun crime has risen steadily since the banning of them.

The only people that will suffer with the introduction of licencing will be the law abiding gun owners who would never dream of letting their weapons get into the hand of idiots running around an estate. The idiots will just get weapons illegally as they do now.

Just my opinion, but if people are breaking the law, then lock them away for a long time and just maybe they won't do it again and if they keep offending, lock them up and throw away the key and keep the streets of Britain free from these criminals. Maybe life would be a little better for the law abiding people who deserve to enjoy a hobby responsibly and safely.

Joe
    Still trying to get the hang of this shooting lark!
    Air Arms S510 Carbine SL
    Weihrauch HW100 KS FSB 0.177

I hope for you that airguns will be banned completely that's the only sure way to prevent crimes like these.

Idiots will still get there hands on guns

Making new laws doesn't stop crime, enforcing existing laws stops crime.

It sounds like your local police have taken this very seriously indeed, and that's precisely the way to stop gun crime.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arschilecki View Post
    I hope for you that airguns will be banned completely that's the only sure way to prevent crimes like these.
    What a Tool!

Apt user name mate!
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    What a Tool!

Apt user name mate!
    His location seems very appropriate too. :-)

Chris

When I was a kid we used to wander about with air rifles and sheath knives on an almost daily basis it never prompted any interest from the police then.

I know times have changed,but for crying out loud a sub 12ftlb airgun is a flippin' pea shooter so why the panic?

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    When I was a kid we used to wander about with air rifles and sheath knives on an almost daily basis it never prompted any interest from the police then.

I know times have changed,but for crying out loud a sub 12ftlb airgun is a flippin' pea shooter so why the panic?
    You forget that a drug using chav might be trying to find and shoot their drug dealer's child!
    Oh, hang on that's only in Glasgow isn't it.

Gives the police a low risk but easy to clear up and media worthy crime success story!

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Gives the police a low risk but easy to clear up and media worthy crime success story!
    Even better, it means they can reassure everyone that they're out there fighting gun crime.

LOL......gun laws only affect the HONEST gun owner! The criminal cares little about gun laws and will only take advantage of the UNPROTECTED HONEST FOLK!!
    Australia is a perfect example where gun crime SPIKED after the most recent gun control laws were inacted!

Indeed, too many ne'er do wells
    /// *Now*: HW95KS (.177) /// HW45 (.177) - FOR SALE /// \\\ *Then*: Pro Sport (.177) \\\ HW97K (.22) \\\ HW100KT (.177) \\\ SMK XS20 (.22) \\\