Thread: Brocock AimX, looking for advice on upgrading current Gun Tuff Scope.

Brocock AimX, looking for advice on upgrading current Gun Tuff Scope.

I have a Brocock AimX .22. I am looking to start out in pistol HFT events later this year.

The AimX came with a Gun Tuff 2.5X32. I have read quite a few posts on the difference between scopes and red dot sights. I would like to upgrade the scope to something that would help me on the HFT pistol range.

My budget is £75 any recommendation on what I should be looking at, will be appreciated.

Well I bought a AGS 2x20 pistol scope, used the old gun tuff mounts. I will post my findings when I have had a chance to shoot in a comp. first impressions of the AGS are very good for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by dolly View Post
    Well I bought a AGS 2x20 pistol scope, used the old gun tuff mounts. I will post my findings when I have had a chance to shoot in a comp. first impressions of the AGS are very good for the money.
    I have a GP and I have a BSA Edge scope on top 2x7x32 they are about fifty quid and very hard to get but the total dogs danglers,

whatever you use make sure to set the rear eyebell adjuster for the reticles on the sky or infinity it makes a real difference,

then you need never touch it again, set mag on three and away ya go, have fun,

Bernard. (pm me if more info needed)

If the GunTuff is the same as the older JSR branded 2.5x32 scope, it's pretty good. I really rated the two JSR ones I tried. If so to be honest, keeping with scopes, there wouldn't be that many real upgrades in the price range. There's the BSA Edge (cracking scope but heavy for a pistol scope), the Rhino (good rep but I've no experience of), and the Simmons scopes such as the 4x32 (again no experience of, but they are a step up the brand ladder).

Best pistol scope I ever tried was a Bushnell Elite 3200 2-6x32 but that would be well over £200 to import one and probably near enough £150 used, if you were lucky enough to find one. You might find a Bushnell Trophy in your price range.

A lot depends on preference, but although a little magnification would be nice I find I shoot better with a (decent) red dot. It must be psychological but I find it easier to hold a circular dot steady inside a circular disc.