Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FWB300S service/mainspring

That was comforting to hear! I expect some wear on the piston buffer when I open mine.

I recently noticed that the breach seal had started disintegrating and it got me worried as I have read
    several places about damaged pistons due to old piston buffers.

I have taken the stock and trigger of it to stop myself from using it until I get to replace the seals in it.

Cheers!
    Wanted part new/used: Model 65, 80, 90 part 1600.178.1 Führungsachse, hinten ø 4,615 Guide axle, rear, ø 4,615

A couple of questions...

OK, I now have a standard factory service kit.

Now, do I need to fit it? (Maybe a normal person would have asked that question first, but a service kit is always handy to have in the spares box.)

The rifle is an ex club gun from Germany; it looks as if it's had a hard life, but it seems to shoot well. It has a blue breech seal, but this is no guarantee that the piston buffer is intact. I've not noticed any bits being blown out of the barrel on firing; is there anything else I could look out for which would suggest it's in need of a service?

If I hold the rifle vertically and slap the butt, the action drops back to its rearward position; is this normal? Does it suggest a worn part? My restored 150 does not do this, and I don't have my other 300S here to compare.

Matt

Just do the service & you won't have to worry about it for the next 20yrs unless something breaks, not what Feinwerkbau recommends but they can be that good provided you keep the dirt out.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

That makes perfect sense, Wonky Donkey. I'm just a bit reluctant to go poking around in there. I'll probably give it a go.

Cheers,

Matt