Thread: What Jackals are these?

What Jackals are these?

Hi,

I have owned a few Sussex Armoury Jackals in the military style and I have handled the Carmague but I have never seen an SE90 or EX88! Does anyone have either of these? I also have two framed adverts for Sussex Armoury rifles up in my man cave but I have not read anything about these two models...how did I miss these?

Also just for completeness does anyone own a Jackal in .177? I have never seen one in the smaller calibre but I suspect that they will be very accurate?

A few years ago now I read (maybe on here?) that some firm was thinking of reintroducing this classic....was that just a rumour? I look forward to learning about the SE90 and the EX88 (year related?). Thanks in advance.

I know that I am answering my own thread but the Blue Book I have actually is very disparaging of the Jackal...I hope that this is going to be corrected in later editions . humph.

Think they were later woodstocked versions of the basic sidelever jackal action...made by Air Arms.
    blah blah

Cool

The SE90 had a longer stock than any of the other woodstocked ones, I was going to swap for one around Christmas but missed it as I didn't want to bother the chap so close to Chrimbo

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

SE90 was the final incarnation of the sidelever action before the TX came out and replaced them.

I'm sure I recall a top FT shooter from the era being involved with the stock design for the SE90.
    It was meant to go in as a special edition, but ended up being a longer production run.

I'm trying to recall who the NJ from the NJ special version of the Shamal was - same sort of era, would be logical it was his input.
    Nick someone ??
    Want List :
    HW55T - Found and I am now in love
    Pictures :

Quote Originally Posted by Happy-Harry View Post
    SE90 was the final incarnation of the sidelever action before the TX came out and replaced them.

I'm sure I recall a top FT shooter from the era being involved with the stock design for the SE90.
    It was meant to go in as a special edition, but ended up being a longer production run.

I'm trying to recall who the NJ from the NJ special version of the Shamal was - same sort of era, would be logical it was his input.
    Nick someone ??
    Nick Jenkinson...the rifle was the NJR100, i think...
    blah blah

Thanks for all this...the link was really useful Hyscore. I had no idea that so many rifles came from the Jackal gun! Despite being around in the early 80s I do not recall most of these rifles, are there any "Airgun World" editions that covered these? I will certainly do some "research" all be it 30 years late!

The collectors section has again thrown up information that would once have taken years to accumulate.Thanks Chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Hi,

I have owned a few Sussex Armoury Jackals in the military style and I have handled the Carmague but I have never seen an SE90 or EX88! Does anyone have either of these?
    A few years ago now I read (maybe on here?) that some firm was thinking of reintroducing this classic....was that just a rumour? I look forward to learning about the SE90 and the EX88 (year related?). Thanks in advance.
    I have an SE90 which I bought around Christmas time from a member on this forum. The action is the same as the other Air Arms side levers, although the SE90 has a different stock from the Camargue and has no open sights with a factory fitted silencer.
    http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8411f81f.jpg
    http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/...pse6ba2fca.jpg
    http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/...ps891c57ea.jpg

The SE90 is certainly elegant, I really do like the look of it. How common was it for a rifle to be supplied with a silencer already fitted? I have no idea how I missed these Jackals, such a pity Sussex Armoury went pop as well.