Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Time to say good bye

Hi, sorry, I was not ignoring any one, never knew about the messages until today when I got an email saying there was one. I'm not that much of a computer person and have been busy trying to sort out my pensions as well as doc and hosp appts.
    I do appreciate the replies. Head not in a good place at the moment so sorry guys. I will respond to BTC1
    Regards

Hi everybody, up to now we have met up and I have given my honest opinion to Greywolf. The Meteor is a nice honest mark1, showing signs of use, with a little surface damage to the stock, nothing that can't be fixed, no cracks or splits. The metalwork is in fairly good condition, no deep rust, in fact it would probably take a re-blue very well if required. I have gone over it with wire wool and oil and it is sound considering, still showing the Meteor etching on the cylinder. It has the original back sight which has never been used as it has a period Japanese 4x15 scope fitted. It cocked and fired very smoothly albeit only showing 6.3ft lbs on the Chrony. It is a .177 and we were both surprised at its accuracy after all the non use. It would obviously benefit from a service, but in my opinion a nice gun. Pictures are available further back in this thread. As for value, I would think, considering it's all there that around £100 would be a good starting point, what do you think? Is that too optimistic?
    The Webley Premier is in very good condition, it is a .22, and an F series, the last made before going over to the lighter frame. This also could do with a service, but still cocks and fires very smoothly, but down on power. This is also shown in the previous pictures in this thread. As for value, looking through the Internet, they vary, up to £200 or more! Obviously that would be boxed and in pristine condition! I think about £150, or again , is this too optimistic?
    I know they are only worth what anyone is prepared to pay, but as a starting point does anyone have a point of view on these suggestions?
    I will re- photograph them if necessary and e-mail to anyone who is interested in seeing more detailed shots. Many thanks for reading this, Dave
    BSA First batch, Breakdown, Cadet major, Meteors, Mercurys, Airsporters, Supersport, Superstar, Lightning XL, HW80, Logun S16 mk1, Webley Junior rifle, Relum Tornado, Webley mk1 pistol, ASI Centre pistol, Crosman Medalist 1322.

Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    I always work on the principle that old people are at least 15 years older than I am.
    Love it! (I am also 66 and still collecting, although it sometimes worries me how much interest my kids take in the value of my various 'collectables' and occasionally ask where they would fetch the best prices ...)
    Last edited by scrapman; 14-09-2015 at 09:24 AM.

Update

Hi, thanks for all interest in this post, we have now sold on the Premier to an appreciative new owner in Yorkshire and I have given the Meteor a new home in my collection after no offers were received. Both were sold at a good price and GreyWolf was very pleased with the outcome, and the offer to come and 'play' anytime with his rehomed Meteor was appreciated. All the best, Dave
    BSA First batch, Breakdown, Cadet major, Meteors, Mercurys, Airsporters, Supersport, Superstar, Lightning XL, HW80, Logun S16 mk1, Webley Junior rifle, Relum Tornado, Webley mk1 pistol, ASI Centre pistol, Crosman Medalist 1322.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    An excellent outcome.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Well done, Dave. A great result.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Many, Many Thanks

What can I say? Thank you. I am so pleased the webley went to someone who appreciates it. And Dave, what can I say, again. A real gentleman. To see what he had done to make this rifle pristine was incredible. It looked showroom when I went to see it. He is a true engineer of much experience and enthusiasm. I am well pleased that it sits in his collection. Thanks to everybody for their support and wisdom.
    You all are a great bunch of people. If ever I get someone to sort through the loft and, if the original model 50 is there, I will let you all know.
    Many, many thanks

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Great result for all and some fine old air guns have been saved - well done to all concerned!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.