Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to say good bye

Welcome to the forum.
    If you are after a valuation, put up some good pictures showing the condition. There are plenty of collectors that are always happy to add to their collection.
    You say they have been sat on cupboard 40 yrs, well in that case i am guessing you have moved onto other things.
    If you are not sentimential about them, move them on and get a few quid, somebodys going to shoot them again. Or get to a club and reunite yourself with them again, re spark the fond memories you had from using them yrs ago. Get to meet some new people.
    Good luck

Hi guys
    Sorry, I did reply on the 17th, took a while to be moderated. Please read. It was sincere. I do need help in understanding how to attach photos, I took some, but could not see how to attach them.

Grey Fox, you need to have a photo hosting account with someone like photobucket, this part of the forum doesn't host pics as such, if you look at other threads you'll find links to pictures rather than the real thing.

If you don't have a photobucket/flikr or similar account the quick fix is to email your pics to one of the regulars on here.
    But to save you time, I will send you a private message with my email address, send me the pics and I'll get them linked to here for you. It's absolutely your choice what you do or don't do with your guns and if some cash for a night out is what you're after you came to the right place. And can be sure that your rifles will continue to be looked after.

regards Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
    Hi guys
    Sorry, I did reply on the 17th, took a while to be moderated. Please read. It was sincere. I do need help in understanding how to attach photos, I took some, but could not see how to attach them.
    Good for you I say.

Hi Greyfox, I'm another 64yr old living in Stevenage. We're still young at heart. Old age now starts at 80. If it's possible have a play with the airguns. Could rekindle at love affair.

Good luck, Phil

Peter's pictures

Here we go.

Must say I've never seen one of those

Even I recognise a Webley premier

There you go Peter, saved you messing around, glad to help. Good luck with valuations and sales if that's the way you decide to go

Regards Nigel

The Premier looks to be in very nice condition so should fetch a decent amount for you and yours.

The forum Webley experts will give you reliable valuations soon.

Valuations

I can't see the Series letter on the Premier, so it may be an "E" (under the LH grip, but don't take it off, as it is very easy to crack it on re-assembly!). I think you would get around £125 for this.

The Healthways Sharpshooter is seldom seen in the UK. My guess is that you could get around £50 for this.

The BSA Mk1 Meteor with period scope is very collectable, especially with the older members who remember it from their youth. I'm not too well up on BSA rifles, but would think you could ask £80 for it.

Al in all, three very nice , interesting and collectable guns.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

My opinion, pistols only

Webley Prem £120, if you still have the box then more.

Healthways Topscore possibly £60 as they are quite a complex little gun and break very easily.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Hi Guys
    Talking to my misses last night about the old days, I'm 64, and mentioned about my air guns I had in the sixties and seventies. She was interested in them and I rooted about and found them.
    A Webley premier 22 pistol, a BSA Meteor rifle and a Healthways BB gun.
    She was impressed, weighty old beasts. She also asked what I was going to do with them.
    I had not thought about that, they have been sitting on my wardrobe for over 40 years.
    So last night I searched the web and found you guys. Never knew this but my Webley has an F stamp and my BSA is a Mk1.
    Is there a market for these items? I still have a slightly dented Milbro Caledonian .22 waisted slugs tin with pretty much a full set of slugs.
    I live in a flat and will never fire these again.
    I am only a few years behind you and have a large collection of rifles and guns and been thinking along your lines only difference being I still shoot most of mine whenever I get the chance but as we are only temporary owners / carers of items hence I am stuck in between thoughts about what to do .
    I have sold three lately and three firearms (but bought four more ) so I suppose I am still hooked
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Thanks guys
    The webley has an F stamp on the trigger guard.
    The Heathways is a BB gun, bought for indoor use. Never had a problem with it, but then I was never used much.
    So what should I do with them? Is there somewhere I can take them and sell them?
    I don't have boxes for them, just kept them on draws or wardrobes.

Thanks guys
    The webley has an F stamp on the trigger guard.
    The Heathways is a BB gun, bought for indoor use. Never had a problem with it, but then I was never used much.
    So what should I do with them? Is there somewhere I can take them and sell them?
    I don't have boxes for them, just kept them on draws or wardrobes.
    The prices quoted are based on what a collector will pay based on sales on the airgun forums and online sales , if you take them to a dealer you will most likely
    get less for them , you can either advertise them local to you perhaps local paper if they have a section under their classifieds or you can sell them online , if you want to sell them on here you will need to build up the number of your posts on here before you can list them under the sales section , browse all the sections on here and you will learn a lot more on airguns , firearms and shooting in general and don't be afraid of posting in the various sections asking questions and possibly gaining more knowledge atb .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

You can start another thread and sell them through here Peter.
    I'll link the photos again.

The 2 pistols should be easy to find boxes for and a little asking around will get you some postal prices.
    I think Parcel Force 24 and 48 hour services are suitable for airguns.
    The meteor will be a touch harder to box, but maybe you'll find a buyer who can collect. You can stipulate face to face only, but that does limit the market place.

You've got some suggested prices and I doubt the pistols will hang around more than a couple of minutes.

Hope that helps.

Regards Nigel

Threads on here mention PF48 as it travels by surface post. Whereas PF24 flies adding potential complications (x-ray machines) and is presumably more expensive. You can put a price for face to face collection (F2F), or/and a price including postage. I assume the valuations given above are F2F. Good luck.

Quite amused by the age bit, what has that to do with playing and having fun?

Ex cancer nearly 72.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .