Thread: Time to say good bye

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Time to say good bye

Hi Guys
    Talking to my misses last night about the old days, I'm 64, and mentioned about my air guns I had in the sixties and seventies. She was interested in them and I rooted about and found them.
    A Webley premier 22 pistol, a BSA Meteor rifle and a Healthways BB gun.
    She was impressed, weighty old beasts. She also asked what I was going to do with them.
    I had not thought about that, they have been sitting on my wardrobe for over 40 years.
    So last night I searched the web and found you guys. Never knew this but my Webley has an F stamp and my BSA is a Mk1.
    Is there a market for these items? I still have a slightly dented Milbro Caledonian .22 waisted slugs tin with pretty much a full set of slugs.
    I live in a flat and will never fire these again.

If you put photos up you will get dependable estimated values from members.
    Better still find a club/range and keep them

Don't do anything too hasty as you may,in due course, regret selling them. Find a local club or somewhere safe and legal to shoot them and nostalgia may kick in and this may well be the basis for starting the "collecting bug". It is never too late!

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    My advice is don't sell them - the money will go and you will have nothing to show for it, you have owned these for so long - how can you part with them? They owe you nothing, my advice is to keep them - you will only regret it if you let them go!

just my opinion.

Airsporterman
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

As the wise men have said above: Keep them. Your guns are an important part of your life-story. Any money you get for them will soon be spent on the dreary everyday things of life but good quality guns are delightful heirlooms that will last forever. Join a local club and start shooting again. Age is no barrier. There's people in clubs in their nineties who are still shooting.

Air gun shooting in fact all rifle and pistol shooting sports are one of the few sports you can participate on level terms in many of the disciplines, so why sell them how about joining a club and using them!

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
    Hi Guys
    Talking to my misses last night about the old days, I'm 64, and mentioned about my air guns I had in the sixties and seventies. She was interested in them and I rooted about and found them.
    A Webley premier 22 pistol, a BSA Meteor rifle and a Healthways BB gun.
    She was impressed, weighty old beasts. She also asked what I was going to do with them.
    I had not thought about that, they have been sitting on my wardrobe for over 40 years.
    So last night I searched the web and found you guys. Never knew this but my Webley has an F stamp and my BSA is a Mk1.
    Is there a market for these items? I still have a slightly dented Milbro Caledonian .22 waisted slugs tin with pretty much a full set of slugs.
    I live in a flat and will never fire these again.
    I am only a few years behind you and have a large collection of rifles and guns and been thinking along your lines only difference being I still shoot most of mine whenever I get the chance but as we are only temporary owners / carers of items hence I am stuck in between thoughts about what to do .
    I have sold three lately and three firearms (but bought four more ) so I suppose I am still hooked
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Thanks guys
    The webley has an F stamp on the trigger guard.
    The Heathways is a BB gun, bought for indoor use. Never had a problem with it, but then I was never used much.
    So what should I do with them? Is there somewhere I can take them and sell them?
    I don't have boxes for them, just kept them on draws or wardrobes.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
    Thanks guys
    The webley has an F stamp on the trigger guard.
    The Heathways is a BB gun, bought for indoor use. Never had a problem with it, but then I was never used much.
    So what should I do with them? Is there somewhere I can take them and sell them?
    I don't have boxes for them, just kept them on draws or wardrobes.
    The prices quoted are based on what a collector will pay based on sales on the airgun forums and online sales , if you take them to a dealer you will most likely
    get less for them , you can either advertise them local to you perhaps local paper if they have a section under their classifieds or you can sell them online , if you want to sell them on here you will need to build up the number of your posts on here before you can list them under the sales section , browse all the sections on here and you will learn a lot more on airguns , firearms and shooting in general and don't be afraid of posting in the various sections asking questions and possibly gaining more knowledge atb .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

You can start another thread and sell them through here Peter.
    I'll link the photos again.

The 2 pistols should be easy to find boxes for and a little asking around will get you some postal prices.
    I think Parcel Force 24 and 48 hour services are suitable for airguns.
    The meteor will be a touch harder to box, but maybe you'll find a buyer who can collect. You can stipulate face to face only, but that does limit the market place.

You've got some suggested prices and I doubt the pistols will hang around more than a couple of minutes.

Hope that helps.

Regards Nigel

Threads on here mention PF48 as it travels by surface post. Whereas PF24 flies adding potential complications (x-ray machines) and is presumably more expensive. You can put a price for face to face collection (F2F), or/and a price including postage. I assume the valuations given above are F2F. Good luck.

Quite amused by the age bit, what has that to do with playing and having fun?

Ex cancer nearly 72.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .