Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time to say good bye

Thanks for the reply guys. Misses not been well so a bit pre-occupied.
    You've given me an idea of their worth and I think the easiest solution is to see if I can find a dealer to take them off me. The post thing looks complicated and don't want to get in trouble for sending guns in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
    Thanks for the reply guys. Misses not been well so a bit pre-occupied.
    You've given me an idea of their worth and I think the easiest solution is to see if I can find a dealer to take them off me. The post thing looks complicated and don't want to get in trouble for sending guns in the post.
    If you don't want to post advertise them on here for collection only - f2f deal .
    You will get a much better price than with a dealer atb
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    If you don't want to post advertise them on here for collection only - f2f deal .
    You will get a much better price than with a dealer atb
    100% agree on that and good luck to you with any sales.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Post is straightforward and you won't get into trouble, but worth noting that the only service that will take airguns now is Parcelforce 48 - as long as you send it that way, it is all above board and the guns are insured (up to a certain amount).
    You will get half of their value at best from a dealer.
    Good deals with these members

I agree also,not only will you get better prices selling privately, you'll also get to meet someone or two off here ... hold on??? is that a good thing???

Hi guys
    I used to own, and may still do an, Original Model 50 rifle.
    Big beast. .22 underleaver cocking and a place in the barrel which rotated round to accept the slug.
    Looked for it when my Parents died some time ago. Thought I put it in their loft but could not find it. A lot of my stuff left at my parents 'disappeared'. Just thinking it could be in my loft. I can't get up there due to a physical condition. It was at the time I got it, the most powerful air gun you could legally own I seem to remember.
    Any idea what that would be worth. Again 40 odd years old, it was in a rifle bag that much I do remember. If it does have a good value, might have to get someone to root around in the loft for it.

Hi guys
    I used to own, and may still do an, Original Model 50 rifle.
    Big beast. .22 underleaver cocking and a place in the barrel which rotated round to accept the slug.
    Looked for it when my Parents died some time ago. Thought I put it in their loft but could not find it. A lot of my stuff left at my parents 'disappeared'. Just thinking it could be in my loft. I can't get up there due to a physical condition. It was at the time I got it, the most powerful air gun you could legally own I seem to remember.
    Any idea what that would be worth. Again 40 odd years old, it was in a rifle bag that much I do remember. If it does have a good value, might have to get someone to root around in the loft for it.
    They are a collectable rifle but again condition is the deciding factor for realistic price valuation ,you need to get your camera in action again .
    a gun is just a tool how its used is dependant on the person behind the trigger .
    This is why constant restrictions on legal users will have no effect on the unlawfull use of guns or knives !

Hi guys, been a while. Well I made 65, but not how I wanted. Been ill bad this year, couldn't breathe. Took the docs 3 months, 3 loads of anti biotics and steroids before they sent me to hospital. Diagnosed with massive blood clots in both lungs. Hey ho. Never got into the loft to see if the Original rifle is up there. Shame, but I'm going to take the guns to the police to destroy. Not going to sell them to some spotty kid to do damage with.
    Be lucky.

Doubt that you will find many spotty kids in this section of the BBS. They are your guns,so you can do what you want with them,not sure getting them destroyed achieves anything

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Sorry to hear of your problems. Would be a shame for them to be destroyed. I'm sure someone local to you on here would be happy to pick them up and sell responsibly on your behalf. I'm not local to you, but if there's no-one nearer.

Regards

Dave

Hi guys, been a while. Well I made 65, but not how I wanted. Been ill bad this year, couldn't breathe. Took the docs 3 months, 3 loads of anti biotics and steroids before they sent me to hospital. Diagnosed with massive blood clots in both lungs. Hey ho. Never got into the loft to see if the Original rifle is up there. Shame, but I'm going to take the guns to the police to destroy. Not going to sell them to some spotty kid to do damage with.
    Be lucky.
    Hi GreyFox. Im sorry to hear about your poor health problems. I to, this year, have had the worse health of my life todate.

I can also understand your willingness to get rid of your rifles and pistols but to destroy them! Why not contact your local airgun club and see if they would be willing to take them. Maybe even making a donation to charity. It seems such a shame to destroy them IMO.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Be lucky.
    Noooooo!

Sincerely sorry to hear of your health problems, GreyFox, and I hope they improve/resolve with time and drugs.

But please don't take the guns to the police. Someone local to you will be along soon to collect them, and should give you enough money to enjoy a meal with your wife in return. Just start a new thread on here headed "Airguns free on collection - Stevenage area" and it shouldn't take long... All the best.

Edit: paste these links into your post:

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Good luck with your health problems, but seems very strange that you are deciding to hand in the airguns when you have had some very helpful suggestions from members on this forum.

Hi greyfox,

Firstly, sorry to hear about your health problems, may you respond to treatment and be better soon....

It would be such a shame to see your items that you have had a long time be destroyed. I am sure you would be feel happy to see them continue to provide pleasure to a responsible owner, knowing that they will be cared for. They are part of our history/hobby and deserve preserving. Please, any member fairly local to greyfox, respond with a positive result....

All the best to you and all members.

Hi there, i live 10 miles away and have messaged Greyfox with an offer to assist him any way I can to get the best deal for him in any way that helps him out, and point him in the right direction so he is not ripped off in any way, this is a genuine offer and hope he responds accordingly. Dave
    BSA First batch, Breakdown, Cadet major, Meteors, Mercurys, Airsporters, Supersport, Superstar, Lightning XL, HW80, Logun S16 mk1, Webley Junior rifle, Relum Tornado, Webley mk1 pistol, ASI Centre pistol, Crosman Medalist 1322.