Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeiss conquest HD5 5-25x50

Zeiss conquest HD5 5-25x50

Just arrived from the States. I settled for varmint reticle,quite like fancy reticles,as this one is the one best suited to .22 centrefires.
    Haven't mounted it yet,as the weather up here is a wee bit shite at the moment,but straight away I notice how much shorter and neater it is compared to the old Conquests,although it seems about the same weight,which I don't mind at all.
    So at the moment I'll have to settle with peering through the window at the bleak,wet landscape and twiddling the lockable turrets until I get some good weather to head for the hills,and let anyone who's interested know my thoughts on it,although I think I know what to expect and can't wait for this wind to drop down.
    The only down side to all this is that I will have to sell my small collection of Leupolds

Thumbs up

I remain most interested to hear your findings and comparisons
    Marksmanship = Accuracy, Consistency, Observation and a little of The Force
    SharpshootingUK www.sharpshootinguk.com

did you buy it direct from a retailer and sent to you or via a third party /friend/family in the USA? I have the previous version 6.5-20 and lovely it is too so would be keen to find a supplier who will send direct ive heard a lot of companies wont now send outside of the USA
    rgds
    craig

When the weather up here improves,I'll be sure to post my findings, can't wait.
    I also have the 6.5-20 conquest,and am reply impressed,so just had to get the new version both for extra mag and the improved lenses/coatings and design. Lockable turrets too. Can't stop fiddling.
    I bought mine from The States It is a demo model with Varmint reticle and cost $900+postage+%20'import duty +£15'delivery with Royal Mail ,so not so cheap in the end.
    What I still haven't worked out is why The dealer states eon their site that they don't export,so I'm not sure if they only export ex demo or what. I emailed the andguy yesterday out of curiosity but haven't heard back. Also the only ex demos available,and they have a lot,(also curious)is the R1000 or varmint.
    I'm sure you won't regret it.
    ATB
    PM sent

There is on on the place you can't mention for a starting bid of £1150

Smile

You can have mine for a lot less than that!

Mind you,I have heard they're every bit as good as Swarovski Z5.
    Has anyone had the chance to compare?

i wanted to buy one. scope 4 you would send them here but now they have put a stop to it. zeiss uk had something to do with this i expect.
    wont offer warranty here.

yet scopes 4 you would honour it though them until they stopped sending here
    Last edited by jamie g; 24-03-2014 at 10:20 AM.

ITAR regs make exporting scopes from UK or USA to or by an individual a nightmare, hence the reason for not doing it

Helps if you have a mate in the States willing to post it to you.

Fond Memories of Shetland

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur77k View Post
    Just arrived from the States. I settled for varmint reticle,quite like fancy reticles,as this one is the one best suited to .22 centrefires.
    Haven't mounted it yet,as the weather up here is a wee bit shite at the moment,but straight away I notice how much shorter and neater it is compared to the old Conquests,although it seems about the same weight,which I don't mind at all.
    So at the moment I'll have to settle with peering through the window at the bleak,wet landscape and twiddling the lockable turrets until I get some good weather to head for the hills,and let anyone who's interested know my thoughts on it,although I think I know what to expect and can't wait for this wind to drop down.
    The only down side to all this is that I will have to sell my small collection of Leupolds
    Sorry this is not quite within the thread - but I noticed you lived in Lerwick. I am ex RAF and served on Unst at Saxa Vord for a couple of years in the 70's and I have very many fond memories of trying to slaughter the local bunny population with my Voere .22 LR rimfire.

Quote Originally Posted by richness View Post
    I remain most interested to hear your findings and comparisons
    +1

Have you had chance to get out much with the scope yet?

Cool Answers!

I have the 5-25 Varmint ret/tactical turrets for review
    I've compared it to various other good scopes and tested it in different challenging lights and conditions etc...aaaand........ lol you'll have to wait a little bit longer as i'm still writing it all up Watch this space though

Thumbs up

I've also compared the old model 4.5-14 to the new 3-15 and an Elite 4200 4-16 too
    That's probably going to be ready tomorrow

Does anyone know whether there is a version with an illuminated reticle in the pipeline? Id be q happy man if there is!

Novice