Thread: Diana mod 66.

Diana mod 66.

Hi all, new to this site so bear with me. just acquired a Diana mod 66 , year 1977. What a revelation ! I have spring guns and pcp and co2 but this Diana is brill. Loads of character and totally recoil free. I do not hunt, only target shoot at home and this gun is ideal, low power and accurate and great to display.

My question is does anyone know where i can obtain front sight elements ? I have one but would like to try different types. Also as the mechanism is fairly complex does anyone know of a competent repairer in the uk for the Giss system, just in case !! Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewdorset View Post
    Hi all, new to this site so bear with me. just acquired a Diana mod 66 , year 1977. What a revelation ! I have spring guns and pcp and co2 but this Diana is brill. Loads of character and totally recoil free. I do not hunt, only target shoot at home and this gun is ideal, low power and accurate and great to display.

My question is does anyone know where i can obtain front sight elements ? I have one but would like to try different types. Also as the mechanism is fairly complex does anyone know of a competent repairer in the uk for the Giss system, just in case !! Andy.
    Andy I don't know about finding original front sight elements but BBS member DM80 in Lancashire is more than competent to repair the Giss rifles.

I think BBS member UKNeil makes perspex elements that fit the 16mm(?) front sight on the Dianas with varying size rings on them (a bevel cut around the holes look like black rings when viewed through the diopter).

PS. the real experts on the match springers hang out in the Target section of the BBS, so you could try there.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Andy I don't know about finding original front sight elements but BBS member DM80 in Lancashire is more than competent to repair the Giss rifles.
    I will second that! He's done a few, pistol and rifle, for our club members and other local club members.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hi and welcome to the bbs, excellent target rifle you have there. try evil-bay for the sight elements as they sometimes come up on there.

Thumbs up

Original/Diana mod.66, my favourite recoilless springer, makes the FWB300 feel agricultural.

As Garvin said above UK Neil made/makes acrylic circular elements, they look much like these from Bond Gun Accessories (he may make these for them?).

Nominally 16mm, mine measure at 15.90mm OD.

Happy, recoilless, shooting.

Dave (DM80) has done several Giss system pistols and rifles for me and other club members and his workmanship is excellent.

.....probably the best Giss repairer in the world.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Dave (DM80) has done several Giss system pistols and rifles for me and other club members and his workmanship is excellent.

.....probably the best Giss repairer in the world.
    Seconded repaired my model 75 top class workmanship & decent price

Steve

I have no useful information to impart, but a 66 was my first ever serious quality air rifle (a 1978 gun, bought fairly cheap and very used in 1980 or so, under the wise influence of my dad as I really wanted the battered Jackal AR7 next to it in the rack at the dealers, but he insisted on quality, so thank you dad).

A completely wonderful gun. The seals went on mine ages ago, and this thread has reminded me to get it fixed. It spent many years with the barrel weight removed and a Tasco scope mounted as my hyper-plinker, hitting very small things every time at silly distances. Enjoy yours.