Thread: Steyr LP10 compact or similar

Steyr LP10 compact or similar

Hi, I know there is a wanted section but it seems much more relevant to put this request in this section.

One of our members is looking to buy a Steyr LP10 compact or similar pistol. He is enjoying his shooting but now feels his LP10 is to heavy for him - he is one of our more senior members.

If anyone has anything for sale could you please PM me.

Many thanks

Mark
    Crewe rifle and Pistol Club

Hello Mark,
    I found the LP10 to be muzzle heavy so switched to a Morini. I did modify the grip on my LP10 first, and a properly fitted grip certainly helped the problem. Can the shroud be removed and replaced with a front end and foresight from an LP2? Might be worth a chat with Harry Preston about this.
    I saw your feedback on the Swad shoot, glad you enjoyed it, and congrats on the medal!
    -Nick Owen-
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

Quote Originally Posted by Fierynick View Post
    Hello Mark,
    I found the LP10 to be muzzle heavy so switched to a Morini. I did modify the grip on my LP10 first, and a properly fitted grip certainly helped the problem. Can the shroud be removed and replaced with a front end and foresight from an LP2? Might be worth a chat with Harry Preston about this.
    I saw your feedback on the Swad shoot, glad you enjoyed it, and congrats on the medal!
    -Nick Owen-
    Thanks Nick.

Yes it's a really enjoyable comp shot in a really friendly atmosphere. The range is superb - we would love something like that at Crewe but we have issues with our lease etc being too short to attract funding and so on!!

I will speak to Guy about your suggestion as that might be all he needs to do. He could also use the shorter cylinders from a compact to reduce the weight slightly more.

Many thanks and congratulations on your medal too

Mark