Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sussex Sunday Shoot

Hi Everyone,

Lord knows what has happened here? This thread was started some 3 years ago and seems to have been 'resurrected' somehow!

Just to clarify matters a little, there is no open shoot at Horsham this coming weekend (15th October 2017). Some of the local guys will be re-setting the course for the first round of our Winter Hunter Series on 12th November; and we may also have some newbies to show around. However, that's about it.

Looking forward to seeing you all again at Buxted the following week (22nd).

Very best wishes,

Phil

Bugger

Got all excited then, there is nothing on the calendar - is anyone actually planning anything "unofficial" this weekend, or fancy doing so?
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Swallows FTC will be open - nothing 'special' planned but I'm sure there will still be lots of targets out in the woods. And a plink/zero area to set out as members/visitors wish.

I won't be there - off to sunny (??) Yorkshire for the final 2 rounds of this year's UKAHFT at Emley Moor.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Swallows FTC will be open - nothing 'special' planned but I'm sure there will still be lots of targets out in the woods. And a plink/zero area to set out as members/visitors wish.

I won't be there - off to sunny (??) Yorkshire for the final 2 rounds of this year's UKAHFT at Emley Moor.

Biggles
    Mike

had a look at your web site - very nice

I assume I can just turn up as a guest and someone can take me through the legal stuff before I shoot?

Got a 0.22" mortar I want to have a play with.

Good luck oop North - be careful with that Yorkshire lot, funny bunch those Yorkies :-)

Cheers mate.
    Last edited by Lol Moore; 10-10-2017 at 01:55 PM.
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post

Biggles
    So, can we just turn up?

I fancy a shoot in the morning, is there a full course out or just a few targets?

What time can i arrive?

Thankyou XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    As I'm beginning to forget what the place looks like, and they're probably wondering who Biggles is, all down to commitments elsewhere (mostly UKAHFT nationals and the Game Fair 'work' with Air Arms), I cannot guarantee what targets will be in the woods, but I'd be surprised if most of the last course is not still in place.

Yes ... as well known (if not all for the right reasons ) members of established airgun clubs you can just turn up, introduce yourselves to Chairman Gerry and go shoot. As well as what comp targets may be in the woods, there is also a practice area (in the woods too) set out all the time, PLUS whatever you and/or members choose to put out in the field - reseters or paper targets - once a safety line has been laid out.

I was going to suggest you may wish to drop Gerry an email via his BBS profile (HOLSTER), but I've just spotted that he hasn't updated it. If you do want to do this, drop me a PM and I'll send it to you.

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

I do fancy it before i go fishing, will be there before 10am if that's ok XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

What...

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    I do fancy it before i go fishing, will be there before 10am if that's ok XX
    Shooting and fishing...in the same day...that's more pleasure than a man can take...surely...

Can't disagree but i have been working every evening and weekend on my house this summer gone, so i think i deserve pleasure overload! XX

Sounds like the place to be on Sunday, I will be there with my twanger in my hand

Oooeerr!.177 calibre i'm guessing....