Thread: AF 1O pistol

AF 1O pistol

Hi chaps I was plinking in the shed today at my bell target with my HW55 and remembered I had an old Gamo pistol its an AF1O and shoots either a single loaded pellet or 1O lead BB's you load in a tube mag , I'm shre you know what I'm on about . So I got it out and had a plink was getting 3" groups at 6y , not good I think but quite enjoyed it . A mate of mine has a HW4O that looks almost the same mech as the Gamo I have only shot it a couple of times in the garden but seems a nice pistol , would it be worth getting one of these HW's would it be more accurate than the gamo or should I just stick to the Gamo and practice . I find I'm struggling with the sights and my old eyes with the gamo are the HW's any better ATB Mike
    A few nice rifles

Are you using pellets or bb's? if you are using bb's you will never get any real accuracy out of it. Pellets single shot you should be able to group under an inch with practise at that range.

As for the weihrauch, its a great gun and yes it will be better than the gamo. There is also a beeman licensed copy of the weihrauch which is pretty good too at about half the price.
    hoplophobe

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowpoint View Post
    Are you using pellets or bb's? if you are using bb's you will never get any real accuracy out of it. Pellets single shot you should be able to group under an inch with practise at that range.

As for the weihrauch, its a great gun and yes it will be better than the gamo. There is also a beeman licensed copy of the weihrauch which is pretty good too at about half the price.
    Sorry should have said I'm using pellets , I tried a few types but made no diference
    A few nice rifles

Quote Originally Posted by magnummike View Post
    Sorry should have said I'm using pellets , I tried a few types but made no diference
    I like my AF10 and can get good groups using geco pellets. I treat it as a challenging little fun gun because of its short sight radius and basic trigger. I had to file down the front sight to get it on poa as it has no elevation adjustment. It benefits from a lighter trigger spring. As to the HW40 GET ONE! Its a great gun and you get what you pay for rather than going for the Beeman P17 clone. P17's are very good too (ive got two plus the HW40) but are high maintenance and the trigger isn't as sweet as the 40. ATB. Pete.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by magnummike View Post
    Try it rested then at least you know if it's you or the gun that is performing badly.
    hoplophobe

AF10 Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowpoint View Post
    Try it rested then at least you know if it's you or the gun that is performing badly.
    I must admit I am a fan of the HW40 but why not just purchase one anyway you certainly wont be disappointed.
    rgds com177