Thread: Wish me luck

guybinks Guest

Wish me luck

Joined BASC today, and am going to knock on farmer barleymow's door today / tomorrow to make him a proposition about his rabbits.

Or should I wait for my BASC membership card to arrive? May look more professional?

Will let you know how I go on.

jim_w Guest
    I wouldn't worry about you card - if you look respectable, he'll most likely take your word for it.

Good luck!

Dont agree Jim - The BASC card confirms that you have liability insurance and is physical proof of cover. It is unwise to shoot where public have access (even though they may be tresspaaaing) without financial protection.'

It also demonstrates responsibility and that you think about things and dont just jump in.

I would say that you dont need the card to make an approach, but you will when you get to the point of a formal agreement.

If you have it with you at the time though, it can only help to reinforce a positive image of you and may make that second step easier.

my BASC insurance was a huge selling point in obtaining ALL my shoots....and it was asked for by two farmers..

try phoning BASC and ask them to e-mail you a confirmation letter that you can print off and take with you..

good luck

BASC have a standard 'To whom it may concern' letter which is invaluable when obtaining shooting permission, just ask them and they'll send it to you

guybinks Guest

Smile

Went along to see Mr Farmer, thought about it hard all morning.

Anyway, got to the gate and Mrs Farmer was in the garden.

So I explained I was local, and had spotted the bunnies, and did she want the situation controlled. Stated I was BASC.

Reply was favourable, although they already who have someone shooting on the land (not doing a overly good job in my opinion - spotted 15 rabbits in 5 mins).

Land is up for renewal in September, she suggested I come back then.

I left my card along with my number.

At least I didn't get a flat refusal.