Thread: Airgun collector's Fayre

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    Hello all,

Does anyone have the Post Code of the venue , please ??

Sam
    One that works in SatNavs would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    87 Derby Rd, Melbourne, DE73 1FE

Next door to Budgens supermarket
    Quote Originally Posted by battyone View Post
    One that works in SatNavs would be appreciated.
    As above, although some satnavs seem to have an issue recognising the "1FE" address, just use "87 Derby Road, Melbourne" as the input.

Google streetview, looking South. Club on the right, Budgens in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    As above, although some satnavs seem to have an issue recognising the "1FE" address, just use "87 Derby Road, Melbourne" as the input.

Google streetview, looking South. Club on the right, Budgens in the background.
    The flyer (and the Post Office) give the postcode as DE73 8FE.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post
    The flyer (and the Post Office) give the postcode as DE73 8FE.
    Some satnavs won't recognise that as a valid address. I suspect it depends on whether you have updated the database in the last couple of years, which database is used etc.

All of the postcodes mentionned in this thread give locations within 100 yards of the club's front door. A quick look at the Google Streetview link above should remove any lingering doubts as to exactly where the club is and what it looks like. HTH

As Nick says if your satnav does not recognise the post code use the address - 87 Derby Road, Melbourne, Derby

Budgens supermarket is next door and is quite a big supermarket, so is a good place to aim for and well known by the locals

Regards
    John
    hold me back !!

The Legion was easy to find once in Melbourne, knowing it was next to Budgens made it a doddle.

But... arguing with the satnav over postcodes wasted precious time and meant I missed a fair few bargains.
    Just putting melbourne in was almost a very costly mistake...It was only when it told me to carry on following the A42, when well past Ashby dlz that I twigged we weren't going to Derbyshire

I'm sure there are plenty like me, who know pretty much where they're heading and just use the satnav for the final destination. Then spend the whole trip arguing with the damned thing as you know a better route

One week to go!!!!

We will have a skan chrono available for anyone wishing to test a rifle/pistol before or after buying

John
    hold me back !!