Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Airgun collector's Fayre

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Me too Mick....

Be good to see you on Saturday, just watch out for the present Mrs Binners, my able assistant.
    Is this a sly way of telling me it's going to cost me 2 cups of tea?

Will she be wearing a sparkly leotard and doing a Debbie McGee impression?

Or just making the money disappear?

See you then, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post
    Is this a sly way of telling me it's going to cost me 2 cups of tea?

Will she be wearing a sparkly leotard and doing a Debbie McGee impression?

Or just making the money disappear?

See you then, Mick

OOOOOOh yes, at least two teas, how did you know about the leotard

more like Patrick McGee
    Last edited by Binners; 30-07-2014 at 06:28 PM.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    OOOOOOh how did you know about the leotard?
    It must be true love mate when you let her wear your own "special night" going out gear...I suppose those red 8" heels of yours were too big for her?

See you there,

ATB, Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    It must be true love mate when you let her wear your own "special night" going out gear...I suppose those red 8" heels of yours were too big for her?

See you there,

ATB, Ed

Red heels are the only things that are 8'' long round here mate, but if I shift enough rifles, I could buy her, her own leotard as this one chaffs a bit.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    I wish all you MM Guys all the Best tomorrow !
    Johnbaz and Chipp. are going to be there representing South Yorkshire and maybe a few others so all I can add is "Roll on the Next One" !

Regards,

John.
    “An airgun or two”………

Collectors day out

Many thanks to everyone who attended today to make this event successful

Nice to see so many turn up, including some serious collectors and two of my favorite writers.

We will add up the proceeds and announce it on the forum

A presentation will then be made to the RBL Poppy Appeal. I have a feeling we may have even bettered the £700 from the fayre last year

Hope you got what you came for. Pics to be posted and linked to this thread

Thanks again

John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    Many thanks to everyone who attended today to make this event successful

Nice to see so many turn up, including some serious collectors and two of my favorite writers.

We will add up the proceeds and announce it on the forum

A presentation will then be made to the RBL Poppy Appeal. I have a feeling we may have even bettered the £700 from the fayre last year

Hope you got what you came for. Pics to be posted and linked to this thread

Thanks again

John
    Thanks to you and your team, John. It was another excellent do. It ticked all the boxes for me - very agreeable company, loads of quality guns and some really rare items. Amongst the latter I include decent, sensibly priced burgers and sausages.

I just hope someone took the opportunity to photograph a pair of Military patterns together. They were, respectively, the very first and second I'd ever seen. I'm not holding my breath until I see another.

Thanks again, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Big thanks from me as well to John (pennineway) and Chris (formerly HWVixen of this parish) as they are the driving force behind this event's inception and organisation.

Some very nice airguns and associated equipment on show today. IMO the quality of guns offered is going up, with very few "project guns" (ugly, rusted clunkers with bits missing) turning up but a good selection of well presented guns and some real rarities.

The mustachioed one has forwarded a few photos he took. I'm only the messenger so don't shoot me, I'm confident that subsequent submissions will be of greater artistic merit. You be the judge.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Big thanks from me as well to John (pennineway) and Chris (formerly HWVixen of this parish) as they are the driving force behind this event's inception and organisation.

Some very nice airguns and associated equipment on show today. IMO the quality of guns offered is going up, with very few "project guns" (ugly, rusted clunkers with bits missing) turning up but a good selection of well presented guns and some real rarities.

The mustachioed one has forwarded a few photos he took. I'm only the messenger so don't shoot me, I'm confident that subsequent submissions will be of greater artistic merit. You be the judge.

Many thanks for your help today Nick

Link to some more pics taken:

http://s526.photobucket.com/user/pen...?sort=3&page=1

ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

From a first timer. Thanks for a good day out very informative, mouth watering at times, really good company and a raffle catty as well!

I would like to second the above ss a first timer. Thoroughly enjoyed the event. Special thanks to Scott (Webley Senior). & Micky (Benjamin Rocket) very pleased with my purchases.Looking forward to hearing the total raised for the Legion. & attending your next do. . My girlfriend enjoyed the day as well! Well done to all the organisers!

Four more first timers travelled down from Warrington, was worth the trip, got a couple of nice pistols and a scope, thanks for organising it and providing snacks at reasonable prices. Staff at Budgens very helpful with parking too! Rather hot and sweaty though, any chance of some fans next year!! Glad I am young & nimble, as needed to squat down to see the price tags on most stalls, just a thought for the older or disabled shooters amongst us. Hope you beat last year's fundraising total.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post

I will 2nd all of the above. and nice to see someone who is worse than me at taking photos

Quote Originally Posted by matt 1966 View Post
    I would like to second the above ss a first timer. Thoroughly enjoyed the event. Special thanks to Scott (Webley Senior). & Micky (Benjamin Rocket) very pleased with my purchases.Looking forward to hearing the total raised for the Legion. & attending your next do. . My girlfriend enjoyed the day as well! Well done to all the organisers!
    Hi Matt,

What calibre is your newly aquired Bemjamin 'Rocket' ? I have a 262 (.22) and am very pleased with the way it performs. I also have the equivalent Crosman 150 and apart from the greater shot count possible due ti it's use of the larger 12grm Co2 capsule, have found little to choose between them.

Regards

Brian

Another successful collectors' event. I am sorry to have missed this one and look forward to the next collectors' fayre.