Thread: Simmons .22 MAG rifle scope.

Simmons .22 MAG rifle scope.

I admit it, I only bought this scope as it matched the rest of the finish on my Ruger 10 22.

Anyway, I purchased this through MidwayUK (why are silver finished scopes so damn hard to find!?) for the princely sum of £25, which in the world of scopes, is the equivalent of something that would be sold in Poundland. MidwayUK have now dropped the scope from its catalouge.

The Simmons 3-9X32 magnification scope is made in China as opposed to more expensive and better quality Simmons scopes which have their glass and assembly done in the Philippines. The scope body has a rough matt finish to it, and is textured, not painted. When you pick it up you can tell it's not a top drawer quality item but it's not terrible and is a reasonably put together and solid scope. The reticule is of the duplex reticle (thick crosshair at edges, thinner crosshair in centre of sight picture), has a screw on the magnification ring that can be tightened to set magnification level, and has a focus ring.

Although I neglected to post a picture, it comes in a cardboard box (what doesn't?), with instructions, and quite possibly the most cheap crappy downright awful scope rings I've ever set eyes on. They still live in the box, and I'll never use them, they are that bad.

The scope was designed with .22 rimfire in mind, so I doubt it will hold zero on a centrefire rifle, but Simmons do make it clear that it isn't meant for anything more than a .22 Magnum rimfire. At the time I took the pic it lived on my Ruger 10 22 in a Weigand Integramount one piece scope mount. The mount is worth more than the scope.

Pic:
    http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/a...psb0d6ebed.jpg

It's a good little budget scope and well suited to a short range plinking/target shooting rifle, the glass is a little cloudy but at the price it retails for, this really shouldn't be surprising. No regrets with my purchase although if I was a hunter or a serious competition shooter I would look elsewhere and spend more money on something else.
    Last edited by Hairydavey; 23-03-2014 at 10:01 PM.