Thread: Howa 1500 Varmint 20" .243

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Howa 1500 on the 50 metre range

I finally got some ammo to try out the grouping. It was only some SAKO 90gr fmj but it was all I could get.
    The results were actually excellent, shooting from a couple of sand bags I managed a 4 shot group of around half an inch after I had adjusted the scope'

Pretty dammed good for factory ammo, next I will try some reloading.

I have the same gun but with a sporter barrel cut to 16 inches and found the sako 90grn very good also privy 90grn it was useless with 100grn in any make good guns though.

I have had very good results with sierra matchking 90 grain but the 95 grainwere absolute rubbish, would not group at all

I have just fitted a boyd thumbhole stock (thanks wee beastie) may not improve the shooting but it does look good.
    the gun is shooting very well, using 90 grain sierra matchking I am consistently shooting sub half inch groups at 50 metres and that is moa from a stock gun, I am very happy

Took the Howa to the range yesterday, at 50 metres from a sandbag the best group was 0.34 inches with five shots and I pulled one shot, the remaining four went into a 0.2 inch group, measuring centre to centre of holes.

I was using nossler 90 grain spizer point boat tail and 40.0 grains of N160.

I really really like this gun.

Howa 1500

Is that with a 1 in 12 twist

BBF
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"

Twist is 1 in 10