Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taming the HW80 my way

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post
    Spill the beans please!
    Short stroked by 20mm lightened piston and running on rings ....polished trigger contacts ....new trigger blade .....recrowned barrel and all fitted in an oiled hw77 stock and running at 11 and a bit ftlbs consistantly (i need to put it back over the chrono once run in a bit)

So much smoother than standard just a click when the piston latch engages the trigger
    Last edited by joffy; 02-01-2016 at 08:57 PM.
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Short stroked by 20mm lightened piston and running on rings ....polished trigger contacts ....new trigger blade .....recrowned barrel and all fitted in an oiled hw77 stock and running at 11 and a bit ftlbs consistantly (i need to put it back over the chrono once run in a bit)

So much smoother than standard just a click when the piston latch engages the trigger
    Sounds fantastic!

The stock sounds interesting? Did that need much in the way of modification?

Thumbs up

Just a matter of relieving about an inch or so at the top of the stock where the 80s cylinder will go ....a little of chiselling to get the front lugs to fit then drill for 2 m5 countersunk bolts ala tx200 .....if i was to do it again i'd go with brass inserts ....it's easier to do than type it on my phone
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Worth a BOING up, methinks!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Time, mate. Rather, lack of!

Plus grief off the missus...Wanted to get to the club this morning, but told that I don't spend enough time with the family and shirking my commitments!

Logging off again.
    easy fix tony. i got rid of my mrs and now can buy and play with my guns as much a i want

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    easy fix tony. i got rid of my mrs and now can buy and play with my guns as much a i want
    Mmmm......bearing in mind that post was made about four and a half years ago, Mr Wilba, and much has changed since then. Less hours at work, but a fair few other issues in the meantime. Still don't get to shoot as often as I'd like.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Best thing is don't get one in the first place !
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Old thread but well worth a read

very good write up

Lovely stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by hmangphilly View Post
    Old thread but well worth a read
    Yep, quality is timeless and I'd never tire of reading brilliant threads like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yep, quality is timeless and I'd never tire of reading brilliant threads like this.
    I totally agree...and this was the basis of an 80 tune that I did several years ago.....and very successful it was too.

Cheers Steve

I have been tossing over a peep sight project (sounds a bit dodgy!) lately.

I have discounted the TX as being in the too awkward box, but mulling over the HW77 and HW95 (open sighted, longer barrelled version obviously).

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-springers-etc

Maybe I should throw the 80 into the mix as well having re-read this thread.

I have had some of Dave's work - fantastic stuff. About a year ago I got one of his latest spring and guide kits for a 95 - lovely.

In the current climate it's nice to read something so wholesome as this thread!

All the best,

Tim

Well, with lots of revived (again!) interest and love for the HW80, thought I'd ping this up again.
    Last edited by TonyL; 09-03-2021 at 10:33 AM.

Your right there Tone, I have one in this week for the 24 mm treatment👍