Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Taming the HW80 my way

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Your right there Tone, I have one in this week for the 24 mm treatment👍
    ha
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Are we saying that the 24mm is the nirvana bore then, peeps, and the best compromise in terms of making the power in the loveliest manner without working its swept volume too hard and the piston weight and sectional density giving the best recoil and surge characteristics?24mm does sound like such a nice, even, balanced number......

Standard stroke, Nick?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Are we saying that the 24mm is the nirvana bore then, peeps, and the best compromise in terms of making the power in the loveliest manner without working its swept volume too hard and the piston weight and sectional density giving the best recoil and surge characteristics?24mm does sound like such a nice, even, balanced number......

Standard stroke, Nick?
    it's very good, and quite easy in terms of fitting in the required stroke in the 80 (around 80mm, yes). going smaller you need to squeeze extra stroke out, so more work. with other guns that are easier to acheive longer strokes, I'd stick with 22mm.

Also with 23/24, you have the choice of practically any spring you like. 22 gets a bit trickier.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Yes, all makes perfect sense. Was thinking exactly that with the springs, especially if using a skirted design.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I agree with all of JB's comments( after all it's his baby �� ),though I prefer stretching the stroke a little , at the piston weight I am using the power balances beter between pellet weights .
    Last edited by NickG; 10-03-2021 at 05:25 PM.