Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 yard MPL Postal Competition for Classic Air Rifles. - Any Interest ?

6 yard MPL Postal Competition for Classic Air Rifles. - Any Interest ?

I am starting this thread to see what interest there would be if we run a 6 yard MPL Postal Competition for .177 spring powered and SSP air rifles.

The rules would be basically the same as the existing 6 yard MPL postal competition that is already running for air pistols but it would be shot on more suitable 6 yard air rifle targets (Air 7) and will suite those that would like to shoot from home or anywhere that is safe to do so.

The rifles are to be shot at 6 yards from a standing ( unsupported) position ( same as bell target and 10 metre rifle).

This competition also suites those that have no local shooting club that they can easily get to as well as those that are fortunate enough to have a local club they can use.

Like the other MPL competitions this one is for air rifles that need "muscle power" to cock them and provide the energy so CO2 and PCP rifles are banned.

The idea is to encourage the use of .177 Classic air rifles that will generally be more affordable than CO2 or PCP air rifles and can provide a "more even playing field" for those that take part with limited budgets.....and for those that can afford to invest in the latest high tech kit - if they wanted to !

The competition is fun and self scoring - each month you shoot 6 match cards and then email your score to us after you have shot your targets. Simple!

If there is enough interest the competition will start in July 2014 and run for 6 months until December 2014.
    Last edited by zooma; 05-08-2014 at 03:49 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Suitable .177 air rifles for the MPL competition.

Any spring powered or SSP .177 air rifle will be acceptable for use in this competition.

This is an individual competition and not a team event.

Match air rifles such as the classic Feinwerkbau 300S and Original Model 66 and 75 are obvious candidates but recoiling air rifles such as the HW55 and Original Model 50 would also be very good choices.......so as long as it is .177 spring or SSP powered and has open sights (this includes a dioptre sight) then it can be used in this competition.

Telescopic sights are banned - open sights only (including dioptre sights) are to be used.
    Last edited by zooma; 27-03-2014 at 09:57 AM.

I'll be in and will ask at the club tomorrow if anyone else is interested
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Yes. Put me down for an entry.
    Robin

Better put my hand in the air as it was me who asked for it

Got some others interested at my club, Can you confirm it will definitely be 6yrd

Cheers Nige
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    Got some others interested at my club, Can you confirm it will definitely be 6yrd

Cheers Nige
    Yes Nige - it will be 6 yards

Would you believe it!!

I measured out 6yards in my garage today and its 2feet short!!

Gona have to sweet talk the wife into letting me do it in the kitchen now, as luck would have it back door to hallway door frame is bang on 6yards

Need to make a pellet catcher stand and back stop, get a 'can do' pass stamped and I should be golden

6yd mpl rifle

Sounds good to me although it means a new gun(no .22 in my collection)
    atb Glyn

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
    Sounds good to me although it means a new gun(no .22 in my collection)
    atb Glyn
    This competition is for .177 only.

a crosman 1377 play ??

Any .177 spring powered or SSP air rifle is acceptable for this MPL postal competition.

We already have an MPL competition for spring powered or SSP air pistols and if we can get enough support this air rifle competition it will run alongside it with the first round starting in July 2014.

Oh crikey... I'd be more likely to hit an ornament or lampshade in the lounge (ahem, I mean 'range') with a rifle than a pistol...

However, I'd probably have a go with a light weight springer & iron sights

Any power limit Bob? Aren't match rifles 6 ft/lbs max?

ATB - Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

ATB - Phil

Most 'true' ones appear to be mate, like the FWB 300s and Model 66 &75s,

I'm building my Model24D to be around 5.5 to 6fpe with diopters, if this version of the MPL goes ahead I'll get some practice in on this then try and join the belltarget league down in Newport..... If they'll have me of course
    Slowly morphing into an RWS/Diana/Original fanboy.

Definitely a springer fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Oh crikey... I'd be more likely to hit an ornament or lampshade in the lounge (ahem, I mean 'range') with a rifle than a pistol...

However, I'd probably have a go with a light weight springer & iron sights

ATB - Phil
    I think it would be impossible to monitor the power of any rifle used in a postal competition but I doubt a high power rifle would give any advantage in accuracy at 6 yards so this will have to be left to the individual to choose and use whatever suites them best.